Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I've driven from Eagan to the U for evening class and it'll average closer to 30 minutes when you consider parking. There really isn't a great route to take between the two locations either. Coming from somewhere like Roseville would be alot more convenient in my opinion.
Sure, if you drive 40 in the left lane all the way?? 35E to 94 to which ever exit-pretty easy route . It's 12 miles from the center of Eagan to the Center of the U of M campus. I suppose if you take into consideration parking and walking to your building at part of your drive, yes, that would be 30 minutes, maybe, on a bad day.

Again, the OP has specific housing requirements and wants good schools, there are MUCH better options than Roseville all over the metro for both houses and schools...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

988 posts, read 1,828,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_pal View Post
St. Anthony is sounding better and better Thanks all. Any help is appreciated. I just wish there were more homes for sale that fit my criteria. Maybe in a few months someone will drop their price or try to sell.
There is always the question of making an offer, worst they can say is no...I do realize, however, it can be time-consuming to make those visits and offers. However, for location St. Anthony wouldn't be altogether bad. Might be a challenge on the square footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Again, the OP has specific housing requirements and wants good schools, there are MUCH better options than Roseville all over the metro for both houses and schools...
Speaking as someone who currently lives in Roseville and is satisfied for my needs...while it has some very decent commute times to the U (Hwy. 36 to I-35 to either University or Washington Avenues is 10-20 minutes depending on traffic), I would have to agree the housing requirements the OP stated don't seem to fit what I know of the area - especially the square footage.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM

687 posts, read 1,255,826 times
Quote:
Sure, if you drive 40 in the left lane all the way?? 35E to 94 to which ever exit-pretty easy route . It's 12 miles from the center of Eagan to the Center of the U of M campus. I suppose if you take into consideration parking and walking to your building at part of your drive, yes, that would be 30 minutes, maybe, on a bad day.

Are you measuring as the crow flies? While this is a nice option, the OP should be aware that helicopter parking at the U is pretty limited.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsub View Post
Are you measuring as the crow flies? While this is a nice option, the OP should be aware that helicopter parking at the U is pretty limited.
Map it out on google

Old 09-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Map it out on google
Getting directions from "Eagan, MN" to "University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN" gives 18.9 miles.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsub View Post
Getting directions from "Eagan, MN" to "University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN" gives 18.9 miles.
I just double checked mine again 12.1, 12., 12. 1....to various buildings around the U campus Maybe it is routing a weird way??? I do see that if you go up 35E to 494 to 35W it is a little over 20 miles but why would you go that way?

Reguardless, the schools and housing stock in Eagan fit the bill for the OP, Roseville does not.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 PM

988 posts, read 1,828,007 times
I would have to back GG up somewhat. I also did a search inputting "Eagan, MN" and then "Carlson School of Business" in Google Maps. It initially pulls up "did you mean...?" to clarify what you mean by Carlson since that term is not a specific address. On that page it does indeed list 12.1 to Carlson. However, you select one of the options it then maps it out saying 16 to 19 miles. Now, if someone is driving 12 miles, another 4 is probably not a dealbreaker, but it does seem like Google is mapping a little weird.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCommenter View Post
I would have to back GG up somewhat. I also did a search inputting "Eagan, MN" and then "Carlson School of Business" in Google Maps. It initially pulls up "did you mean...?" to clarify what you mean by Carlson since that term is not a specific address. On that page it does indeed list 12.1 to Carlson. However, you select one of the options it then maps it out saying 16 to 19 miles. Now, if someone is driving 12 miles, another 4 is probably not a dealbreaker, but it does seem like Google is mapping a little weird.
I'm pretty sure those are straight line distances. If you actually select an option it then routes it and the 12.1 turns into 19.1.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:42 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Both that route and the one I typically took (494 to Cedar up to the West Bank) both took around 30 minutes when all was said and done. I made the commute many many times so I'm basing it on a fairly large sample.

Quote:
That's subjective, and I respectfully disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul