Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,395,681 times

Advertisements

To clarify, my last post was made tongue-in-cheek and was, in fact, extremely biased. I thought that was rather obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 AM

988 posts, read 1,830,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
It's a good option but not a for sure thing. Many schools are "full" or might be full for one grade and not another.

The suburban schools have as much diversity as any of the Minneapolis schools if you define the word properly. The Minneapolis schools have MORE black students then the suburban schools, not more diversity....on our block alone here there are 5 "white" families, the rest are all different nationalities, Asian, Asian Indian, black, etc. The 5 white families are the 'minority" compared to the "diverse" neighbors . You will find that in the south metro that the Asian Indian population is fairly large and common.

Rosemount to the MOA is 15 minutes on a bad day....that is more than close especially coming from the DC area.
This was my concern, getting personal preferences projected as the "right" answer for the OP. Rosemount is not inherently a bad location, but it is not always the right answer just because that's where Golfgal lives and likes.

For reference, OP...the recurring theme from GG is Rosemount is seemingly the answer for just about every question. I would half expect someone to ask "I want to be near the National Sports Center, where should I live?" (FYI, the center is well on the other side of the city) and hear the answer "of course, Rosemount..."

In the aim to keep it objective, do this: Do a Google Map search and map out directions from Rosemount HS to MOA. Google mentions 21-24 minutes - not terrible but there are closer locations with quality schools and diversity desired. As far as demographics, pick a website such as Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
and select "City Reports". Rosemount would be ZIP code 55068, Nokomis neighborhood would be 55417, Richfield 55423, Edina 55435 or 55424. You can do a comparison under the "City Reports" section of the website too. From there, you can get an idea of demographics and decide for yourself how diverse or not areas are. Indeed, if you want to find ZIP codes from a map, go to www.usnaviguide.com. You can select "ZIP hybrid" to overlay ZIP codes onto a Google Map of an area.

Last edited by Yac; 09-12-2018 at 03:00 AM..

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

988 posts, read 1,830,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
To clarify, my last post was made tongue-in-cheek and was, in fact, extremely biased. I thought that was rather obvious.
Sorry, Slig...on unusual occasion I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,363,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBCommenter View Post
This was my concern, getting personal preferences projected as the "right" answer for the OP. Rosemount is not inherently a bad location, but it is not always the right answer just because that's where Golfgal lives and likes.

For reference, OP...the recurring theme from GG is Rosemount is seemingly the answer for just about every question. I would half expect someone to ask "I want to be near the National Sports Center, where should I live?" (FYI, the center is well on the other side of the city) and hear the answer "of course, Rosemount..."

In the aim to keep it objective, do this: Do a Google Map search and map out directions from Rosemount HS to MOA. Google mentions 21-24 minutes - not terrible but there are closer locations with quality schools and diversity desired. As far as demographics, pick a website such as Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
and select "City Reports". Rosemount would be ZIP code 55068, Nokomis neighborhood would be 55417, Richfield 55423, Edina 55435 or 55424. You can do a comparison under the "City Reports" section of the website too. From there, you can get an idea of demographics and decide for yourself how diverse or not areas are. Indeed, if you want to find ZIP codes from a map, go to www.usnaviguide.com. You can select "ZIP hybrid" to overlay ZIP codes onto a Google Map of an area.
Give me ONE post where I EVER said that--you are exaggerating to the max. I would NEVER suggest that and never had.

It's 13 miles from the far south portion of Rosemount to the MOA, it's 9 miles from Edina .

Last edited by Yac; 09-12-2018 at 03:00 AM..

Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,395,681 times
I imagine commuting from Rosemount to the MOA wouldn't be that bad. I just don't consider Rosemount to be diverse but as previously noted that is subjective and up for interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul