Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 PM

31 posts, read 116,988 times

Advertisements

wondering if anyone has any links or info regarding Down payment assistance in Suburban Hennepin County - Specifically Brooklyn Park. Can find plenty of current info for every area but this one. Most the sites I seem to find link to data that is a few years old and out of date.

Myself and my wife have already attended the Homestretch classes to qualify and everything. We were looking in Dakota & Ramsey programs previously but just expanded our search to Minneapolis and Hennepin suburbs. Well needless to say we found a home we like in Brooklyn Park but need to find out Down Payment assistance for this area ASAP. Didn't think it would be as difficult as it is as I found it for all the other counties really easy. Even the Hennepin County site is out of date so im at a loss as where to look.

Is there anyone out there that has current info regarding programs for this specific area? I have a unique situation where my child support makes my debt to income too high so we can only work with my wife's income. Needless to say with 1 income factored in vs 2 incomes the mortgage qualification amount is much lower so down payment assistance could definitely help to bridge this gap at least a little bit.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
Brooklyn Center offers $10k. Check the city website. I dont know about Brooklyn Park though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul