Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 AM

16 posts, read 22,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
You sound like an introvert.
Nope, very much so an extrovert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 AM

329 posts, read 460,642 times
Wow, these were some very informative responses!!!! Well, I'm going to pass along this feedback to him. And we're going to have to figure out- does he stay in Plymouth or move? He's a single guy, no kids, although he does love kids. I'm kind of starting to feel sorry for him, he's getting up there in age. I'm not sure if he can afford to live in the city. Now I'm starting to re-think where I live as well- Eden Prairie, am I doomed to have the same "dull as dishwater" lifestyle. We have a toddler, but I never thought that meant the end of fun as we know it, we just bring her wherever we go and it's not much of an issue. I like where we live-plenty of open space, parks, friendly people. But yes, it can lack in the culture department, and it's not always feasible to just drive to the city. I guess when you have a kid it's nice to live in the suburbs and not worry too much about their safety. I also hate living where it's really crowded, can't stand long lines everywhere. But I suppose you could get some of the same things if you find the right place in the city. At the same time, we have been having a problem meeting folks ourselves, and I do wonder if it's just the nature of suburbs. If you define yourself as more than parents or a family, or are single, can you really be fulfilled and pursue your interests and be happy living in the suburbs, it remains to be seen.

Thanks again for everyone's responses, I have to admit too I was laughing hysterically at some of these comments, I think everyone learned something.........

Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,693,564 times
What?>

There's a place called Cowboy Jacks on HWY 55... That's a decent place to go on weekends. Plymouth is only 10 minutes from DT Mpls...if you're bored go into the city and take a $20 cab ride home. Boom, done.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:47 PM

329 posts, read 460,642 times
Thanks, we'll check the place out. Thanks again everyone, for these great insights and suggestions!
Greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul