Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 AM

86 posts, read 312,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
We have a great housing stock, a great park system, great cultural amenities
off topic but one (little-known) emerging thing MKE had going for it was destination for 20s-period filming, given the attractive (ie not crumbling) architecture of that era-- whole blocks of it. I say "had" because the filming subsidy was axed in this year's state budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
That aside, I agree that there are a ---- load of opportunities to meet people in this city. If you're bored here, you'd be bored almost anywhere.
with one qualification-- the number of things to do (and people doing them) declines pretty dramatically by late october, thru about late May. It's not as though the city shuts down but it loses a lot of vibrancy.

But I totally agree--if you can't find MULTIPLE things to do in MKE every single day between may and october (across a wide set of interests) you'll be bored pretty much anywhere. Day-tripping to chicago fills in any gaps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tully View Post
off topic but one (little-known) emerging thing MKE had going for it was destination for 20s-period filming, given the attractive (ie not crumbling) architecture of that era-- whole blocks of it. I say "had" because the filming subsidy was axed in this year's state budget

with one qualification-- the number of things to do (and people doing them) declines pretty dramatically by late october, thru about late May. It's not as though the city shuts down but it loses a lot of vibrancy.

But I totally agree--if you can't find MULTIPLE things to do in MKE every single day between may and october (across a wide set of interests) you'll be bored pretty much anywhere. Day-tripping to chicago fills in any gaps
There was just a film crew here shooting for the movie "No God No Master", which is set in the early 1900's during the Red Scare. Starring David Strathairn.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,140,212 times
I know people always like to say that Milwaukee is a tough place to meet people to which me and a lot of other cd'ers said fooey!!! Here is a small list of places that help you meet new people.

NEWaukee - Meet People. Meet Milwaukee.

MIMA - Milwaukee Interactive Marketing Association

http://www.bma-milwaukee.org/

FUEL Milwaukee

Milwaukee Events - Fun Events Free Events Make new friends in Milwaukee, Meet new people in Milwaukee - MEETin.org

Milwaukee Young Professionals Social Network

150 Reasons People Love Milwaukee

Milwaukee Single Parent Dating Site, Milwaukee Single Parent Personals, Milwaukee Single Parents | Free Online Dating

Milwaukee Nights

The Milwaukee Scene - Milwaukee's Nightlife Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee