Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 PM

695 posts, read 3,413,224 times

Advertisements

Well put. ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM

136 posts, read 621,504 times
Haven't seen all the State's cities, but Flint, Inkster, Pontiac and River Rouge certainly are unattractive places in my book.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:33 PM

396 posts, read 1,700,392 times
Trenton, Camden and Newark. NJ wins.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:07 PM

293 posts, read 850,683 times
I agree with the poster who said Bay City. I think that Bay City is by far the ugliest city in Michigan - basically the entire city is rundown with little new development, the water is very dirty (and considering that the water is supposedly one of the town's "attractions", this is a problem!), and then there's the sugar beet factory...the smell of sugar beet processing for several months out of the year is revolting and definitely adds a new dimension of ugliness to the town!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM

250 posts, read 933,631 times
I'm gonna toss it up a bit and say Mt. Clemens, Hamtramck, Centerline and parts of Warren are pretty ugly as well!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,906,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg Lesher View Post
Haven't seen all the State's cities, but Flint, Inkster, Pontiac and River Rouge certainly are unattractive places in my book.
Yes, you could add to that list.

I've never been in Battle Creek itself. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:25 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,488,209 times
How could i forget Ecorse! Factories line the river bank along Jefferson oftentimes sending the nice smell of sulfur and who knows what else into the air on a westwardly breeze.

River Rouge and Ecorse could be the 'twin-cities' of the Metro-Detroit area.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,517,038 times
Default Hip-hop mayor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Can you imagine New York, Chicago or Boston being
run by some 36 year old who proudly proclaims himself
"The Hip-Hop Mayor"?
Only months after TIME named him The Worst Mayor in America,
he was voted back into office.
Face it, Detroit deserves its reputation and it's not likely to change
anytime in the near future.
See ya in Chicago.
A Hip -Hop Mayor in Boston?!!! No Freak'in way!!!! The people of Boston would not put up with that type of crap! We like our political hacks to be Old and stuffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower53072 View Post
Trenton, Camden and Newark. NJ wins.
I currently live 15 mins from Newark and I would put Newark as the ugliest city in the U.S. Let alone 2ND or perhaps 3RD most dangerous.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:06 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,906,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
I currently live 15 mins from Newark and I would put Newark as the ugliest city in the U.S. Let alone 2ND or perhaps 3RD most dangerous.
That sounds like a nice place to visit!
I would LOVE a "greetings from sunny northern New Jersey" postcard!
Oh wait, you said you LIVE there. My bad. (I still like postcards ... )

... spill the beans, which highly attractive NJ suburb with a strange name (most NJ places have weird names) do you currently occupy (you can take the Massachusettsian out of New England, but he'll never be happy to say he longer has his true home to 'pahk the cah')? As we all know, some really nice places are very near not-so-nice places (i.e. Bloomfield Hills' palaces are just down the road from Pontiac)!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,517,038 times
Default Nutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
That sounds like a nice place to visit!
I would LOVE a "greetings from sunny northern New Jersey" postcard!
Oh wait, you said you LIVE there. My bad. (I still like postcards ... )

... spill the beans, which highly attractive NJ suburb with a strange name (most NJ places have weird names) do you currently occupy (you can take the Massachusettsian out of New England, but he'll never be happy to say he longer has his true home to 'pahk the cah')? As we all know, some really nice places are very near not-so-nice places (i.e. Bloomfield Hills' palaces are just down the road from Pontiac)!
Hey Ya! M TYPE X.

To spill the (Boston Baked) beans I'm currently in Nutely. It's OK and safe for the most part. One of the big perks is NYC is only 20 -25 mins with out traffic. Of course though, there always traffic so actually add 2 hour to that. But your right "pahking my ca' here hopefully is only a short term thing. I need to get back to the south shore O' of the baystate and live in my natural environment. You are also correct on your point that bad areas do situate themselves close to good areas. Trust me Northern Jersey go plenty of that. Actually I was looking to find a picture of the "Report A Murder" Or was it? "Stop the killing" billboard (not sure.) so I could post it with my last message. I'm not kidding there's a billboard in Newark as your driving through Newark that has these words on it (or something close to it.) A glowing endorsement for a city wouldn't you say?

Oh one last little things and I know it nit-picky but, people from Massachusetts are called "Baystaters" or called the less flattering "M*******s"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan