Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times

Advertisements

And many of the HOA fees in FL are very high such as 500 a month,plus high home insurance,etc. I can say for ex the average 2 bedroom condo rental here is 1400 a month plus utilities. Where in MI is that the average for a 2 bedroom. A couple weeks ago unleaded was 4.15
Everywhere you can find a fluke cheap place but in general I still feel it is more costly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,535 times
Complaints. Mine generally are local specific to my neighborhood or ones I resided in directly or the cold.

Dearborn went to ****. Detroit fell into a void of despair. Makes me cry to see all that's destroyed down there nowdays. Traffic can suck but now i don't gripe anymore after dealing with DC /Maryland traffic. Flint..UGH! Pontiac..Hurl. Saginaw...do I even need to say more?

Legal system there is a joke on many lvls. Their lazy, but so is most I work with now in Dc..lol

Michigan if I had to weigh pros and cons the pro would out weigh the cons but the job market and the cold winters was what has prompted to leave Michigan.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 AM

40 posts, read 84,214 times
I guess its a toss up then, pro's and con's on many levels. Higher Hurrican type insursance, but lower auto insurance, no income tax. A $1400 a month condo with 500 association fee is pretty high, but it most be a pretty nice place, at that rate I would probably buy versus rent. I think I am feeling the same thing as klmquiroz, Michigan can be nice when things are booming, you can look the other way during the dismal winters. But the last 3 or 4 years, yuck, and where did I place my anti-depressants.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
When the governor of Texas advocates secession from the Union, well, that's over the top screwed up.

Nothing much special about those pics, sorry.
Texas will become part of Mexico. They already have over 1 Million illegal immigrants there now, and growing fast every day (despite all efforts to stop it). 2025, U.S. - Mexico War will begin.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Texas will become part of Mexico. They already have over 1 Million illegal immigrants there now, and growing fast every day (despite all efforts to stop it). 2025, U.S. - Mexico War will begin.
I'll take that bet. That's absurd.

Illegal immigration has slowed, if anything.

Latinos (legals) are the fastest-growing demographic in the country, but that's not going to threaten the Union, in the exact same way Irish and Italian immigrants didn't result in Boston or New York becoming part of Ireland and Italy, respectively.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
I'll take that bet. That's absurd.

Illegal immigration has slowed, if anything.

Latinos (legals) are the fastest-growing demographic in the country, but that's not going to threaten the Union, in the exact same way Irish and Italian immigrants didn't result in Boston or New York becoming part of Ireland and Italy, respectively.

Aren't the folks leaving Mexico because it is so bad there? It seems unlikely they will want their new home to become just like the ones they left. If anything, maybe Texas will expand to incorporate / annex parts of Mexico to make room for the population explosion?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 PM

261 posts, read 505,831 times
Michigan is a great place to live if you pick the right city. If you're moving here, go with towns like Ann Arbor, Traverse City or Marquette. Avoid the dumps like Inkster, Flint, Benton Harbor. I'm from Detroit, so while it breaks my heart, I could never honestly tell people to move there. Sorry Detroiters, but I've spent a lot of time there so I know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan