Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,180,848 times

Advertisements

Flint's Back to the Bricks Cruise attracted (depending who you read) between 20,000 and 30,000 people to the city.
George Thorogood and Johnny Lang put on a ROCKING good show at Meadowbrook last night. Was right at the stage, my ears are still ringing LOL.
Flint has a new mayor finally, yay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 01:22 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,074,875 times
Metro home sales up 22% in July | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com (http://freep.com/article/20090817/BUSINESS04/90817076/1318/Metro-home-sales-up-22--in-July - broken link)
By GRETA GUEST
FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER
Quote:
Metro Detroit home sales rose 22.4% in July with 4,944 homes sold in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties, according to Realcomp data released today.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 PM

54 posts, read 142,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Flint's Back to the Bricks Cruise attracted (depending who you read) between 20,000 and 30,000 people to the city.
George Thorogood and Johnny Lang put on a ROCKING good show at Meadowbrook last night. Was right at the stage, my ears are still ringing LOL.
Flint has a new mayor finally, yay.
I went to BTTB also. I ran into some friends who were at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The consensus was -and I've heard this in years past- that they preferred BTTB's because they could get close to the cars, and it was less of "staring at a traffic jam".

Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,180,848 times
Having been to both events, I definitely agree....the Dream Cruise is a neat experience, but almost TOO big. Flint's BTTB, considering this was only the 4th year, is well run and accessible.
I know there was a lot of debate the first one - whether to make it the same weekend as the Dream Cruise or not. I think they made it the same weekend because so many people travel from out of state; since the events are going on for 2-3 days people can hit both if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogo View Post
I went to BTTB also. I ran into some friends who were at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The consensus was -and I've heard this in years past- that they preferred BTTB's because they could get close to the cars, and it was less of "staring at a traffic jam".

Old 01-01-2010, 02:39 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,358,970 times
Thought it was time to revive this thread since the US Olympic team was just announced and five Michigan native sons were named. They include our own Red Wings' Brian Rafalski, Jack Johnson, Zach Parise, Tim Thomas, Ryan Kesler. Wo-hoo!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,108,273 times
The Lions will play their last game of the season tomorrow....

Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,074,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Thought it was time to revive this thread since the US Olympic team was just announced and five Michigan native sons were named. They include our own Red Wings' Brian Rafalski, Jack Johnson, Zach Parise, Tim Thomas, Ryan Kesler. Wo-hoo!
Did you mean Ryan Miller instead of Zach Parise?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,325,146 times
I didn't see this thread before, but let me add that the Chrysler/Fiat plant here in Dundee is doubling in size and will be adding at least 150 new, good-paying jobs over the next year or so. This plant has been voted the most efficient engine plant, which includes all engine plants for all manufacturers, in the country almost every year since it opened back in the early '00s. All of the engines for the new Fiat 500 fuel efficient economy cars that Chrysler/Fiat will start producing later this year will be made right here in Michigan!

Also, there was a story on the local news a couple of weeks ago about how our little village is thriving, in spite of the economy. Ever since Cabela's built here almost ten years ago, there has been an increase in businesses opening here, and our village administrators say that more and more companies are either already planning on coming here or are inquiring about it. They refer to it as "The Cabela's Effect". I refer to it as "terrific"! I realize we're just one small town in Michigan, but I believe very strongly in the domino effect. If people see growth and good things happening in one town, others will soon follow.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,358,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Did you mean Ryan Miller instead of Zach Parise?
Yes, I did. I realized the error as soon as I had posted (someone was talking in my ear at the time). Unfortunately, the site would not let me edit my post at the time and I didn't get a chance to back and fix the error.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:54 PM

550 posts, read 2,054,660 times
Just something on a Good note (although sad too) My grandmother just went through the Gamma Knife procedure at Mid Michigan Medical Center in Midland and the experience she had was awesome! the people were GREAT and the facility very nice, they do everything to make sure you are comfortable including having a partnership with a local hotel for very cheap rates!!!!
anyway, just wanted to share

can't wait to post some photos from my Christmas trip to cheboygan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan