Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 PM

103 posts, read 345,096 times

Advertisements

Okay, I forgot that I can actually look up all my info online now. I'm browsing my payment history...

It says that I was paid 26 weeks of Regular UI. I was also paid 20 weeks of Extended UI. The interesting part is that under "Extended UI - Weeks Remaining" it says I have 13.

hmmm....does this mean I'm eligible to claim again? I mean, the last time I spoke with someone back in January, it seemed fairly cut/dry that I had just a few weeks left. Do I try to claim again, or do I wait for them to contact me, or do I ask?

I'm stumped by it all - it has been so disjointed and confusing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 PM

304 posts, read 1,434,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalFriday View Post
Okay, I forgot that I can actually look up all my info online now. I'm browsing my payment history...

It says that I was paid 26 weeks of Regular UI. I was also paid 20 weeks of Extended UI. The interesting part is that under "Extended UI - Weeks Remaining" it says I have 13.

hmmm....does this mean I'm eligible to claim again? I mean, the last time I spoke with someone back in January, it seemed fairly cut/dry that I had just a few weeks left. Do I try to claim again, or do I wait for them to contact me, or do I ask?

I'm stumped by it all - it has been so disjointed and confusing...

I would call and ask because at the end of my tier 1 I thought I was done right up to the last check I got. Marvin said I had 0 weeks left. I waited two more weeks still thinking I was done heard about the tier 2 and thought "what the hell I will call the unemployment office. The guy there said how come you are not still calling into marvin? I told him my weeks were up I didnt want to keep calling in and get in trouble for trying to collect weeks not there, he said I should of kept calling in anyways so he issued my first two weeks of tier 2 right there, and I was to start calling in on my regular scheduled time.....so you may be eligible right now and not even know it. I would call as soon as possible tomorrow. I would never wait for them to contact you!*LOL* we are like needles in a hay stack to them.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 AM

LOL - thanks. I think I'll call now and spend the next hour on hold. Should be fun!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
LOL - thanks. I think I'll call now and spend the next hour on hold. Should be fun!

Did you get through? Hopefully you go good news if you did

Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Well, I use Skype on my computer (because I can talk forever for nuthin') and so I dialed and waited for about 20 minutes. When they finally connected me I accidentally hit a button on my keyboard and disconnected. GAH! So I called back and waited another 20 minutes - but it was worth it. YES - am eligible for that 13 weeks, plus the new 7 on top of that. (Because Lord knows I have little confidence I'm going to find a miracle job in the next 20 weeks!)

Woo!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Well, I use Skype on my computer (because I can talk forever for nuthin') and so I dialed and waited for about 20 minutes. When they finally connected me I accidentally hit a button on my keyboard and disconnected. GAH! So I called back and waited another 20 minutes - but it was worth it. YES - am eligible for that 13 weeks, plus the new 7 on top of that. (Because Lord knows I have little confidence I'm going to find a miracle job in the next 20 weeks!)

Woo!

GREAT! Good news then for you, I can imagine what a relief it was to find that out!! Good luck with your job search...I know its not easy.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM

19 posts, read 57,280 times
michiganmom2008 - I am ending my Tier II - I will have one week left - will they notify me if I qualify for the EB or do I have to file a claim automatically online by myself... What did you have to do... Thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2009 View Post
michiganmom2008 - I am ending my Tier II - I will have one week left - will they notify me if I qualify for the EB or do I have to file a claim automatically online by myself... What did you have to do... Thanks!

I had called when I had 2 weeks left on my tier 2 and they told me to go ahead and do the application online. I tried to do it but it told me I had to file a new claim because my benefit year had expired, so I did that and the next day was allowed to do the online EB application. I received my determination for a new benefit year "Denied" but have not received anything as of yet about the EB determination. This week is my last check, should get it in the mail tomorrow. So I have been trying to call the unemployment office off and on today for some answers, so far I just get a recording. Will keep trying and report back here what they tell me. I would go ahead and apply for the EB online if it lets you, it wont hurt...I know it will not let you in the system if there is a problem. So your good to go if you get to fill it out. There is another 7 weeks added to our benefits before the EB kicks in from what I understand, I just dont know yet if we just continue to call marvin and it is automatic or if we have to do something else....How come they dont just give us the info instead of keeping us guessing and waiting till the last minute to find out???? Pisses me off!! How hard can it be to inform us right on the Main page??? Here is what is gonna happen and how it happens???*L* Makes me crazy!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:14 PM

Ok I have some answers for the michigan people wondering what happens after tier 2 runs out. The original Extended benefits was for 13 weeks, the 7 additional benefits are now added giving a total of 20 weeks EB benefits. I just got off the phone with them and the lady said the computer had not updated me because it showed I had not done the EB application...I explained I had done it online so she updated that info and said I should be good to go with my next two week call in to marvin for the additional 20 weeks now. THANK GOD!! If any of you have filed your EB application online and have not heard back yet, call them to make sure they got it!!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM

19 posts, read 57,280 times
michiganmom2008 - after my one week is up... - do I go online and applied for the EB application and then call the (800) number... to verify that they received this application...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan