Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 AM

19 posts, read 57,421 times

Advertisements

I still get the checks in the mail... Does anyone else? I know now you have a choice of direct deposit and/or a debit card but I get a "check"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 AM

304 posts, read 1,438,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2009 View Post
I still get the checks in the mail... Does anyone else? I know now you have a choice of direct deposit and/or a debit card but I get a "check"...

I wanted the debit and it says on my file debit but I continue to get checks in the mail. I dont think it lets you change your delivery method during extensions so getting the check is fine with me...it works!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 AM

939 posts, read 2,695,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
I wanted the debit and it says on my file debit but I continue to get checks in the mail. I dont think it lets you change your delivery method during extensions so getting the check is fine with me...it works!
You can change to direct deposit into your checking acct buy dialing the 800 500 0017 number and I believe it's option 2

Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post

My brother-n-law gets the debit card and does not like it - he states that there are fees when he uses it each time - he's planning on changing to the direct depositing and /or check if he can.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:57 PM

I received my first "EB" check in the mail today. I had no problems as of yet...

Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Just curious what is everyone "applying" for in Michigan?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 AM

7 posts, read 16,950 times
I faxed my work search papers in yesterday, && called marvin monday..when will i get my checks?? i would of thought that it would of already said that my last pay date was today. so im confused??

Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2009 View Post
Just curious what is everyone "applying" for in Michigan?

you mean as for jobs? For me it is Janitorial, any type of customer service, property management, Health care, Property preservation, property inspection field work, and General labor and then some!*L* I have a wide variety of experience in alot of different areas.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:27 PM

just checking in with everyone. No luck yet finding full time employment, have found some part time work here and there but all was temp positions. Any luck with any of you as of yet??? I have 8 weeks let of the EB.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:12 PM

103 posts, read 346,499 times
I'm trying to do freelance (virtual) work when I find it, but it's competitive, especially when people from India will work for $2/hr for a job that should pay $8-$10.

All I know is that I have been on Monster.com for years, and this year has been the worst for job listings. There is nothing.

Anyway, I'm back with another unemployment question. I'm so confused by all the extensions and whatnot. I think I'm done collecting. But that's what I thought several months ago, and now I don't know. Here's the scoop: under my benefit payment information, I collected 26 weeks of Regular UI and 33 weeks of Extended UI. Last week was it, and there doesn't show a balance. However I read an article from April that states the governor signed further extensions:
Quote:
The governor said Monday during a bill-signing ceremony at the Capitol that jobless workers now can receive benefits for up to 79 weeks while they look for other work.

They already were eligible for 26 weeks of state unemployment benefits, 33 weeks of federal help and 13 weeks of extended benefits. Those extended benefits now will be available for 20 weeks.
Does this mean I'm still eligible? Do I keep calling, re-file, contact UIA????? Anyone to this point yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan