Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,972,974 times

Advertisements

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe. At any rate, the truck rental rates you were quoted sound good. When I calculated TC to SC it was much higher for a one way rental. If you can get that rate, it sounds like your best option!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,892,854 times
Check out Penske Truck rentals as well. Their trucks are usually in the BEST shape of all the companies that rent those trucks. I found they will either match or beat any other price and days you may find also. I know their larger trucks have bench seats, but not too sure of their smaller trucks.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
MGD MGD started this thread

122 posts, read 290,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Check out Penske Truck rentals as well. Their trucks are usually in the BEST shape of all the companies that rent those trucks. I found they will either match or beat any other price and days you may find also. I know their larger trucks have bench seats, but not too sure of their smaller trucks.
Thanks will check that out!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 AM

an old lady friend of mine who use to help me with my son when me and my husband were estranged and I was still in school, called me out the blue yesterday and is having a rough time herself in Atlanta, which is suppose to be the hotbed of jobs...if she could have found a job in my town she'd have moved in with me! That lady helped me out a lot and I feel like that's part of my problem here, all my old willing help moved away...she moved because her daughters finished high school and went to college...she gave up her future so to speak by not going to college and seeing them through.

So I told her what has happened to me and what i'm doing about it and said she should come and do the nursing program with me, maybe she can do night classes and i can do days and if I provide a place to stay (the 2 bedroom family apartments) she can help me out with childcare because that is the biggest problem and bill I have right now, I can't even afford childcare to go on interviews or the first 2 weeks of a job at this point...

She took down the name and website of the university and is going to look into it and should let me know something today.

I hope that works out because that was totally unexpected (and might be an answer to Rapunzil's suggestion of someone to drive up with me!). She is working but they closed down whatever dept. she was working in and shifted her to another department (which I assume is paying a whole lot less cause she said she is staying with someone, a couple, and feels frustrated that she can't seem to get on her feet).

Maybe God is answering prayer, or maybe I'm the answer to hers, who knows. All I know is I hope she comes cause that will help us both, and now her daughters are grown she can go get an education that in just 2 years will give her a standard of life and stability and we can give each other emotional and literal support. Plus then I could split the cost of the truck in half and it would work out cheaper even if i get a bigger truck to fit her belongings.

It's funny even in my dire situation I am still able to help others figure out theirs...goes to show as always there is always someone else out there feeling the same things you're feeling, no one's alone in struggling in these tough times.

It's her potty training advice that she gave with my son that I am using now to potty train my daughter...and it's working too...lol.

I just hope she will move on applying and getting her high school transcripts sent...

This thread is going to be a nice souvenir when all this is over with...

Old 12-03-2010, 10:25 AM

4 posts, read 8,145 times
NMC is a great school and I love it, however there are so many people trying to get through the Nursing program, there is currently a waiting list. My sister was told by a counselor that it could take up to 7 years to complete the program at this pace. Although everything is subject to change, it is hard to tell what it will be like in the future. Overall TC is a great place to raise your kids. My sister and I grew up here and I am very thankful for that!!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:53 AM

lol I forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't move there after all then if the nursing program is taking some people 7 years!!! to get through!

I worked a little b.s. job for a while and finally had to leave town. Through a weird and unbelievable set of circumstances, I ended up in Atlanta. Got a small gig and then was unemployed for a while, and then got a job!

For whatever reason Atlanta seems to work for me, so here I am!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan