Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:29 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Why would you call the police? Let me guess you're one of those people who think they own the water.
No. We just do not want them pulling corpses out of the water especially right in front of our house. (Again - last time it was an idiot who thought that he could swim across despite the current, before that is was a guy who jumped off the bridge (he was downstream from us a bit), before that is was a lady who jumped off the ambassador bridge and floated up in front of the jr. high school five months later.). It upsets the kids terribly. We do not need any more corpses in the water. If they fall through the ice, they will not lsurvive the cold water for more than a few minutes. The current would pull them under the ice right away anyway. If they want to kill themselves by being stupid, go do it elsewhere.

We also do not want somone to get sued when somone dies out there because they accessed the ice by crossing private property. And yes, trespassers or their next of kin do sue property owners. They even win sometimes. ("Why didn't you have a sign that says 'Danger - thin ice'?")

Actually if they come when it is safe, we welcome them. They can even park along our property if they ask first. They are generally polite and friendly. Two weeks ago, we were going to make coffee for them, but we did not have any left.

We called the police in the hopes of protecting them from their own supidity. The smart ones were nto there today. You have to be totally stupid to go out on what is left of the ice in that location right now. I would do the same thing if I saw someone sleeping in the middle of the road, getting into the drivers seat of a car when they are wasted, climbing an electrical pole or anything else equally dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
LOL Now don't you feel foolish???
Why becasue they did not die? (Actually I am not sure whether they died. I have not been home yet.).

No I do not feel foolish. I feel frustrated they they may be pulling more bodies out in front of us. If not this time, then then next time some idiot decides to go out on melting and cracking ice in a swift current. I feel frustrated that more people might die for no reason other than supidity and I should be able to do something to prevent it but cannnot.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Why becasue they did not die? (Actually I am not sure whether they died. I have not been home yet.).

No I do not feel foolish. I feel frustrated they they may be pulling more bodies out in front of us. If not this time, then then next time some idiot decides to go out on melting and cracking ice in a swift current. I feel frustrated that more people might die for no reason other than supidity and I should be able to do something to prevent it but cannnot.
You could get on horse with some lanterns. You could yell, "the ice is cracking, the ice is cracking"!!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,934,856 times
Up her in da UP , they have rules about ice fishing. Signs are posted , and , the conservation officer monitors the situation. Its not good for PR to loose folks on the ice. We need all the tourist we can muster. We loose enough people every winter who are drunk on snow machines. Most of them come from down state. You have lots of idiots running around , its scary.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:36 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Up her in da UP , they have rules about ice fishing. Signs are posted , and , the conservation officer monitors the situation. Its not good for PR to loose folks on the ice. We need all the tourist we can muster. We loose enough people every winter who are drunk on snow machines. Most of them come from down state. You have lots of idiots running around , its scary.
Your lakes unfreeze up there??? LOL

Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,934,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Your lakes unfreeze up there??? LOL
Sometime in June , most years.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: