Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 AM

284 posts, read 1,017,141 times

Advertisements

Here are some pics I have taken on my travels.

TAWAS:

BENZIE:

LEXINGTON:

OLD MISSION:

TRAVERSE CITY:

LAKEPORT:

LAKE ORION:

BELLE ISLE:

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 PM

6 posts, read 19,762 times
Wowww and more wowwww I can't wait to be there. By the way, if the nagging people wants MI to get better they need to start being positive and at least talk good things about the place !!!!!!!!!!!! Its beautifull!!!!!!!!!1

Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromcheboygankalamazoo View Post
these photos are from mackinac island from last summer
the photo of the pine trees (and the dark person) and the lake is Long Lake in Cheboygan...
i cant wait to come home in june and july!!

the sunset is from city beach/gordon turner park in cheboygan on lake huron
I was in Cheboygan the summer of 2006, I was up to see a school buddy who had fallen from a deer blind and become quadropeledgic.
It was in the paper.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:16 AM

654 posts, read 3,457,780 times
Those are some really awesome pics there in MI. I was a Michigan resident for 4 years, first living in Grand Haven and then in Holland. I definitely recognize alot of the pics in this thread, especially in GR and some of the northern areas. I have been just about everywhere in Michigan (being a trucker has its advantages). Only area I have never had a chance to visit is the UP area. Many people ask me about the Tulip festivals that take place in Holland each year, and its always an awesome event. And the Coast Guard festival in Grand Haven is definitely a must see (I should know I lived very close where it took place, and the street was lined with cars....nice that I had free parking where I lived!). In fact, I believe they will be having that event later this month IIRC.

Thankfully, I still have friends there in MI so I plan to come back pretty soon....already planned a visit to fly there around December for the annual Christmas Show in GR. Makes me almost regret moving back to Texas.....

Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 AM

9 posts, read 71,608 times
wow nice pictures ^_^

Old 08-04-2008, 02:17 PM

734 posts, read 2,618,779 times
Great set...I especially liked the lighthouse pics.

For some reason I chuckled when I saw the Lake Orion pictures though...I guess they seem so pedestrian to me after living in that area.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:23 PM

351 posts, read 650,421 times
A lot of states have crappy economies. But at least in Michigan you've got some pretty sensational natural beauty--and some amazing areas to escape to--when the financial woe seems overwhelming. I guess it makes it all sting a little less--and make it a little more difficult to leave.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:27 PM

282 posts, read 814,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post

For some reason I chuckled when I saw the Lake Orion pictures though...I guess they seem so pedestrian to me after living in that area.
Please elaborate.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM

284 posts, read 1,017,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post

Yeah, I really love lighthouses!

The reason I wanted to post the pics of Lake Orion is to show that there is beauty downstate too. I think it's overall a very nice town with a northern feel to it. I like to visit when I'm missing my hometown, Traverse City. Actually, I wish I would have taken more pics of the pretty parts in the Detroit area to clear up misconceptions that the whole area is bad. Perhaps I'll get a chance to post some soon!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 9,597 times
Default Michigan City - Pet Hospital

Michigan City Animal Hospital is the one-stop provider of pet grooming needs in Michigan City, Indiana. At Michigan City Animal Hospital they are reliable and committed to serving all of our pet care and grooming needs. They strive to offer a high level of service and quality in everything they do.
--------------------
Angelinjones

[URL="http://www.treatmentcenters.org/michigan"]Michigan Treatment Centers[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan