Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM

62 posts, read 127,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Wow! This is way too real...YEAH WHAT HE SAID!

It would be a real eye opener for some to walk into a plant and see for themselves what it is like...

EXCELLENT!! JUST EXCELLENT!!
from what I hear, when the break whistle blows, the crack pipes come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Well then, maybe all the educated white collar workers should take their fannies onto the lines and do some real work. That way at the end of the day, their bodies will tell them they earned every dam dime they made that day.

If not that, then maybe those same people should stop buying vehicles and ride bikes to work. Or walk. Or, here's a thought...take public transportation!!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM

62 posts, read 127,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Well then, maybe all the educated white collar workers should take their fannies onto the lines and do some real work. That way at the end of the day, their bodies will tell them they earned every dam dime they made that day.

If not that, then maybe those same people should stop buying vehicles and ride bikes to work. Or walk. Or, here's a thought...take public transportation!!

That's the thing...people who are workiong their butts off are still getting the short end of the stick; the white-collar guys are getting ASTRONOMICAL amounts of money - STILL.

Part of the reason line workers are getting laid off in record numbers is because the suits up top are unwilling to take a pay cut...

Public transportation...that was funny..."need a new Ferrari, 'cause this one is over a year old, and you want me to take the BUS?"

Ha!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 AM

5 posts, read 17,829 times
My dad works at amarican axel and has for well over 30 years. Never passes up any over time. Nice house and cars and as i remember not much of memorys of my father while growing up. But the old hag known as my mom wants the money even after my dad had two strokes and had diabetes she makes him work so she can live pretty. But When it comes to helping the girls in the family its a no go but to my brothers they kiss their buts and give them everything they want. That is why the girls in my family struggle but the boys live pretty. And my dad will never leave his job where he makes well over 90 dollers an hour with over time! That wage was over 6 years ago when i last talked to them.. So i bet it went up.. He is a the big wig and it makes me sick how they all act and crap.. If money does that to people then i dont want it..

Old 02-18-2009, 06:45 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
WAges should be based solely on skill and performance. Not union mandates.

The guy working on the line who busts his ass gets the same raise and bonus as the guy working next to him who is drunk everyday. Thats crap right there.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Pirate View Post
You'd rather have an axle built by a worker making $2 a day???
This is the most ridiculous post on this forum.

You think screwing a widget into a part 12,000 times a day warrants even 25 bucks an hour?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post

You think screwing a widget into a part 12,000 times a day warrants even 25 bucks an hour?
Maybe you need to now blame Henry Ford for all this mess. After all , he started the assembly line concept...... The legacy costs are way bigger than what any one Company can handle. These Companies have out lived their usefulness. Its time to wipe the slate clean , and start over. Only the Government can do that.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

This could actually be said for many professions, it's just the UAW seems to get a lot of bad press and the majority of the country buy into it.

I sat at a computer and designed 3d solid models (trust me there is a lot more to it than that) and about a year ago I was making $50 an hour (no degree by the way) , Does a UPS man deserve $80k a year ? Does 4 CEO's that have companies that got YOUR money to stay afloat deserve $121 million in bonuses ? Does a Taco Bell manager deserve $40k a year ?
Why single out the UAW worker ? Would YOU do the job for $25 an hour ?
Personally I'm happy for anyone making the most they can in a profession, to each their own. At least that person is doing something for their money... try doing anything 12,000 times a day... Now I do have an issue with CEO's and managment that run companies into the ground and get highly compensated for it... now THAT should be a crime.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This could actually be said for many professions, it's just the UAW seems to get a lot of bad press and the majority of the country buy into it.

I sat at a computer and designed 3d solid models (trust me there is a lot more to it than that) and about a year ago I was making $50 an hour (no degree by the way) , Does a UPS man deserve $80k a year ? Does 4 CEO's that have companies that got YOUR money to stay afloat deserve $121 million in bonuses ? Does a Taco Bell manager deserve $40k a year ?
Why single out the UAW worker ? Would YOU do the job for $25 an hour ?
Personally I'm happy for anyone making the most they can in a profession, to each their own. At least that person is doing something for their money... try doing anything 12,000 times a day... Now I do have an issue with CEO's and managment that run companies into the ground and get highly compensated for it... now THAT should be a crime.
I agree with you on that. The pay should match the skill and performance level.

I draw pictures of buildings and listen to contractors ***** and screw things up all day long. So I'm quite familiar with the ins and outs of drawing models all day.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:17 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
WAges should be based solely on skill and performance. Not union mandates.

The guy working on the line who busts his ass gets the same raise and bonus as the guy working next to him who is drunk everyday. Thats crap right there.
You said a mouthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan