Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:43 AM

48 posts, read 65,256 times

Advertisements

I agree with Jay.

I grew up in Midland and it's a great pace to raise a family like what you described with family. My father works between Midland and Mt. Pleasant. I have friends that live in the Mt. Pleasent area and commute to Midland for work and vice versa, also friends that commuted to CMU for school from Midland.

Midland public schools are really good, local sports are still a thing, the parks are beautiful, the city is really nice compared to Mt. Pleasant which is mostly a college town.. and lets face it, college students have a tendency not to take care care of things.

Midland will always do well in comparison cause it's based around a Fortune 100 company, ( I think it's even a fortune 50 now?) - anyways, both Midland and Dow High are great schools etc. It's a beautiful, well off town-- the downtown is being redone, there's tons of big box stores /things you could want. It was a bit boring at as teenager but now that I'm almost in my 30s I would happily raise my kids there myself (Not that I have any..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 953 times
Just reading this now as we are moving back to Michigan from Tennessee too. We grew up in Mi and moved to Tn 6 years ago. Both states are so beautiful! The Mt.Pleaseant area is very nice, safe and family friendly. We lived in Alma, which is about 15 min south of there. Hope your move was smooth and you are becoming a fan of the great lakes state!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:31 AM

128 posts, read 268,075 times
I'm not sure what more I can add. I haven't read what others have said but I assume they've covered it for the most part. What I do want to add is that Mt. Pleasant is a moderate-sized town that feels small. You won't find any of your major necessities there, that will require a drive to Midland. It's a nice town, has a good feel about it, but it definitely can feel a bit alone. Isabella county is sparsely populated outside of Mt. Pleasant, so for quite a while Mt. Pleasant is the biggest city around until you reach Midland about 20 minutes by highway, which I know is not much but it feels that way for some reason, at least to me.

CMU is a great university though. A lot of my family went to CMU and enjoyed their time three. You will find everything you desire in Mt. Pleasant, it is just a somewhat small city is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan