Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 PM

20 posts, read 27,765 times

Advertisements

this company cooks the books repeatedly and they also dont honor arranged deals.i dont know how good or bad it will be with at&t but i have no choice as these guys are fked in their head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,938,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith555 View Post
this company cooks the books repeatedly and they also dont honor arranged deals.i dont know how good or bad it will be with at&t but i have no choice as these guys are fked in their head
Are you talking about TV, internet, phone, wireless, or what? I just switched from Comcast to ATT, not by choice, but by what is available in my area.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:07 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,748,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Are you talking about TV, internet, phone, wireless, or what?
All of the above. Find me one happy/satisfied Comcast customer.

EDIT: AT&T sucks too (good luck if you have to call their Customer Service line) and in comparison, is only marginally better than Comcast. But of course they don't care. In most parts of the country, Comcast and AT&T have a monopoly over the Cable/Phone/Internet.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
All of the above. Find me one happy/satisfied Comcast customer.

EDIT: AT&T sucks too (good luck if you have to call their Customer Service line) and in comparison, is only marginally better than Comcast. But of course they don't care. In most parts of the country, Comcast and AT&T have a monopoly over the Cable/Phone/Internet.
Correct, they each have their "territories" which they rule over with little or no competition. Judging from my experience, ATT has almost totally automated services with robocalls, voicemail, and has outsourced its customer service to India, and technical services to Mexico. Good luck if you can get through, understand them, or get timely service without snafus. The ATT store personnel seem to be trainee order takers only, although they have some access phone numbers not available to you the customer.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,605,790 times
No disagreement here. I have WOW but really the only problems I get are when heavy storms pass by. It really kills the internet speed but it's exceptionally better and more cost effective than AT&T or Comcast.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,498,040 times
They all stink and can only survive as the oligopoly they currently exist as. I can't wait until the internet's disruption of entertainment delivery puts all of these bozos out of business.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 AM

104 posts, read 241,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
They all stink and can only survive as the oligopoly they currently exist as. I can't wait until the internet's disruption of entertainment delivery puts all of these bozos out of business.
You'll still be paying them for your Internet bill which is the new connection in their content delivery. I think that the cheapest Internet deal Charter Communications, my provider, offers right now is $50/ 30 Mbps. I never use anywhere near that much bandwidth though. IMO it isn't really that different from how they force consumers into buying channel packages. Old plans are grandfathered in of course but I don't even remember the last time I saw a plan available for less than $40 anyway, then what happens is that you one day find yourself on an old plan with low bandwidth and you upgrade for $5 or whatever because it would be senseless not to. I recall paying something like $45 for 5 Mbps some years back.

It is unfortunate. I don't foresee the option of lower tiered packaged coming anytime soon and I have no interest in going with a pay per use plan because I am sure I'd run that bill up over the course of a month because I do use my bandwidth, I just don't need the huge high-bandwidth connection that I've been sold.

Then again, maybe they need my $50 for maintenance and maybe it would be just as expensive regardless of expanding network bandwidth.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
We have to keep an eye on them because they have been lobbying Congress for content control and manipulation of bandwidth to their customers. If they have their way, this will all be done under the radar.
Do we want the provider to filter what we see?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:58 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSwartz View Post
You'll still be paying them for your Internet bill which is the new connection in their content delivery. I think that the cheapest Internet deal Charter Communications, my provider, offers right now is $50/ 30 Mbps. I never use anywhere near that much bandwidth though. IMO it isn't really that different from how they force consumers into buying channel packages. Old plans are grandfathered in of course but I don't even remember the last time I saw a plan available for less than $40 anyway, then what happens is that you one day find yourself on an old plan with low bandwidth and you upgrade for $5 or whatever because it would be senseless not to. I recall paying something like $45 for 5 Mbps some years back.

It is unfortunate. I don't foresee the option of lower tiered packaged coming anytime soon and I have no interest in going with a pay per use plan because I am sure I'd run that bill up over the course of a month because I do use my bandwidth, I just don't need the huge high-bandwidth connection that I've been sold.

Then again, maybe they need my $50 for maintenance and maybe it would be just as expensive regardless of expanding network bandwidth.
While that's true, the vast majority of their revenue comes from cable television. As entertainment becomes more fractured, and less people watch their shows in real time, more disruptors will come along that will slowly take their share away. Think House of Cards on Netflix. They're already panicking by making huge deals with the major sports leagues as that's the only TV anyone watches live anymore.

Did anyone in the late 90s think that the record companies would be as decimated as they are today?

Old 12-11-2013, 03:30 PM

20 posts, read 27,765 times
there def needs to be more competition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan