Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:32 PM

20 posts, read 27,780 times

Advertisements

there dozens of carmakers but only one internet company or two at best smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,026,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith555 View Post
this company cooks the books repeatedly and they also dont honor arranged deals.i dont know how good or bad it will be with at&t but i have no choice as these guys are fked in their head
OP, you'd have fewer problems if you just paid your bill on time.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,943,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith555 View Post
thats not the problem but the company is not honoring the old deal and therefore it will end up unpaid
Hate to say it, but check the fine print in your contract. It usually allows them to manipulate your rates and service any way they see fit - another "perk" of being free of competition and regulation.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,501,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Hate to say it, but check the fine print in your contract. It usually allows them to manipulate your rates and service any way they see fit - another "perk" of being free of competition and regulation.
The deals only run for 12 months and then they jack up your rate. The best approach is to get specifics on which satellite packages you can switch to and then call the cable company and tell them that you're switching to satellite. You'll end up with more channels and a lower bill every time.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:05 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,279,143 times
I had AT&T U-VERSE when I lived in Indiana. At the time I didn't care for it. Not the service so much but the programming. Like the on demand did not have as many options as Comcast. But when we moved back and got Comcast again, well the new Comcast digital HD service is just like U-Verse now. So now to compare the 2 I'd prefer U-Verse over Comcast. Just because what I like to call Comcrap is a total rip off now. My first bill was over $300 because of installation fee's and the way they do their billing. " oh well we billed you for the 1/2 of September and then billed you for October" WTF???? Why? Now I need more boxes and wires run so guess what? Another $100 for installing wires, service call etc. The area field manager for U-Verse was with the tech during the installation gave me his cell number and the tech's cell number and they were quick to call me back and come out the one time I needed them too.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM

53 posts, read 149,194 times
Comcast is the WORST organizational cluster**** I've ever seen. You call about a case and they say they will research/fix it. Call back on the date agreed and they didn't do anything. Their service is OK because they added more internet bandwidth/capacity but their CSR skills seem to be lacking. AT&T is a little better but similar. And the reality is that in the US we have a phone/cable monopoly because they own the wires going into the home and there's generally a lack of speed if you're getting service from a 3rd party reselling AT&T lines (CLEC) and they don't allow the latest U-verse (fibre to the node) services. I mean even Canada has more internet competition!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,943,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzzz88 View Post
Comcast is the WORST organizational cluster**** I've ever seen. You call about a case and they say they will research/fix it. Call back on the date agreed and they didn't do anything. Their service is OK because they added more internet bandwidth/capacity but their CSR skills seem to be lacking. AT&T is a little better but similar. And the reality is that in the US we have a phone/cable monopoly because they own the wires going into the home and there's generally a lack of speed if you're getting service from a 3rd party reselling AT&T lines (CLEC) and they don't allow the latest U-verse (fibre to the node) services. I mean even Canada has more internet competition!
Let's face it, once they have your money and your signature on a contract, customer service is a business expense and a nuisance to them. They have a firm grasp on your junk for a year or more. This goes for any business with little or no competition to hold it accountable.
Elected officials are unmotivated and will do nothing about it unless they get a measure of grief from their constituents.
Most subscribers are just going along with the status quo because the system is difficult to fight and they are getting some crumbs of service - just enough.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 12-12-2013 at 07:39 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 04:16 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,279,143 times
Here is a little comcrap update from my service call today. The tech? Awesome. Really great guy he has been to our house before. When I spoke to place the order the lady put in an order for my boxes to be mailed to me. This was right after I told her I wanted and needed a tech out. So after being on hold for 10 minutes she says my boxes will be in the mail and I should get them within 4-10 days. I asked her if she forgot that I just told her NOT to send them in the mail and I needed a tech. She put me on hold again and then comes back and tells me she cancelled the boxes and the tech will have them on his truck. 2 days later a package comes via UPS. Low and behold the boxes were still sent. So the tech tries to use them and she sent the wrong boxes anyway and he had to get me 2 off his truck. The call centers have NO idea what is going on.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:47 AM

3,409 posts, read 3,456,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I had AT&T U-VERSE when I lived in Indiana. At the time I didn't care for it. Not the service so much but the programming. Like the on demand did not have as many options as Comcast. But when we moved back and got Comcast again, well the new Comcast digital HD service is just like U-Verse now. So now to compare the 2 I'd prefer U-Verse over Comcast. Just because what I like to call Comcrap is a total rip off now. My first bill was over $300 because of installation fee's and the way they do their billing. " oh well we billed you for the 1/2 of September and then billed you for October" WTF???? Why? Now I need more boxes and wires run so guess what? Another $100 for installing wires, service call etc. The area field manager for U-Verse was with the tech during the installation gave me his cell number and the tech's cell number and they were quick to call me back and come out the one time I needed them too.
You left carmel and moved back to michigan? How come? We never did get together for a coffee while you lived a few miles from me.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:59 AM

31 posts, read 44,379 times
They should just say they want 50-100 bucks for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan