Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:53 AM

98 posts, read 181,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Quite a few, we're not stacking up dead bodies from starvation or frozen ones either.
Your response tells us that any objective debate is finished here.Quite of a rosy outlook you have lol

Old 03-08-2011, 02:55 AM

98 posts, read 181,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes View Post
Job Creation Index? Perhaps someone came up with a new "index" to reflect some kind of agenda they would like to see advanced. The ugly truth is, there were 13,000 fewer jobs in Michigan in Dec. '10 than in Dec. '09. Not sure how that jibes with the good news they are showing in this "poll". I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but I'd rather see the true nature of our economy reported (and policies adjusted to fit that truth) than false hopes.
this state is dead bro but there is "some" who have wanted us to believe otherwise...and they still do haha

Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 AM

485 posts, read 967,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pifler View Post
this state is dead bro but there is "some" who have wanted us to believe otherwise...and they still do haha
I'm not buying that it's "dead", just not springing to life as fast as this survey might indicate. Once net jobs increase (not just unemployment rate decrease), I'll get my hopes up. I think there is potential, certainly not to bring back the glory days, but to put us on a sustainable path for those who want to stick around.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,871,534 times
Quote:
I think you're wrong.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,568 times
Quote:
The state is not dead "bro". There are some like you, who hope and wish it is because it makes you feel all warm inside for some reason. Ill never understand people like you who believe this just because Detroit is in trouble, and weve lost a lot of people and jobs. Were a little down right now, but in no way dead.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 AM

541 posts, read 985,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
The state is not dead "bro". There are some like you, who hope and wish it is because it makes you feel all warm inside for some reason. Ill never understand people like you who believe this just because Detroit is in trouble, and weve lost a lot of people and jobs. Were a little down right now, but in no way dead.
I agree the state isnt dead,the only dead here is brain dead owned soley by the "leadership" here,but the state is fine,not dead...

Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Quote:
Your response tells us that any objective debate is finished here.Quite of a rosy outlook you have lol
You don't seem to know the difference between serious, and joking posts, I will enlighten you. The post of mine you are referring to... is JOKING.

Quote:
That's because "some" are not internet trolls who spew nothing but BS.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM

43 posts, read 115,415 times
even a blind and Deff person knows that Michigan is the WORST place to live and raise a family. Economy DUH, The worst in the state since michigan Relies heavily on Auto industries. cloudy Gray, depressing most part of the year, who want to live in Michigan, if I have to live in cold i rather live in Chicago what a vibrant and charming city, as compared to detroit which is turning into Rust belt city.
there is a sign board in Detroit on the highway says "Last person out pleaseturn off the light!"

Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Oh look, a drive by trolling.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmoosa View Post
even a blind and Deff person knows that Michigan is the WORST place to live and raise a family. Economy DUH, The worst in the state since michigan Relies heavily on Auto industries. cloudy Gray, depressing most part of the year, who want to live in Michigan, if I have to live in cold i rather live in Chicago what a vibrant and charming city, as compared to detroit which is turning into Rust belt city.
there is a sign board in Detroit on the highway says "Last person out pleaseturn off the light!"
Hmmmm...last I seen Michigan was one of the most populated states in the country, so people must want to live here...duh!! Who cares if you dont like it, and for your info...Detroit is a VERY small part of Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: