Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Aw, thanks guys! I just saw that this thread had been revived and peeked in to see what was going on. Glad you enjoyed the read

I actually just "met" someone who found my blog through the Pure Michigan site as well who did almost the same thing: was living in San Jose, bought a B&B in Michigan site unseen off of craigslist, and she had her husband packed up the truck and made the move. People who love Michigan have quite the adventurous spirit it seems!
I just read your blog on "Pure Michigan Connect" very cool! Its awesome to read about people who love the anticipation of each season as much as I do...and yes, even though these are the rough parts the year, its all worth it for whats to come. I see so many of my friends on Facebook or whatever saying how they wish they were in Florida or California...but I just grin and think to myself how glad I am to be right here...waiting for spring. These muddy, drizzly, dull days will soon turn into some of the best weather in the country and we have a front row seat in one of the best states in the country...enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Tried to rate your post, but CD says I've gotta spread it around a little!

I remember back in September when we were having the most amazing weather in the world and my friends in CA were all complaining about the 112 degree days they were having (literally...photos of thermometers). No place is perfect, but at least during summer vacation here, kids can actually enjoy playing outdoors

Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 AM

275 posts, read 441,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Thank you, Dave! I'm really excited to read it. Here's the gal that bought the B & B off of Craigslist and moved sight-unseen from San Jose...
site: Applesauce Inn Bed and Breakfast-Bellaire MI-Antrim County
blog: Applesauce Inn Bed & Breakfast

Thanks for checking out the blog. I took a quick look at the Applesause Inn blog. I'll take a deeper dive when I have some time to really look at it.

It's funny. Yesterday, before posting the link to the blog on here, I noticed that I was just about to hit 1,000 visitors. What did I find today? In just one day, visitors to the blog total over 2,000.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan