Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I liked when he went through that phase of using names that were derogatory variations of other posters he didn't like. At least that showed a slight hint of creativity. I've noticed that has been lacking the last dozen or so names.
I know! I miss those days. Like magellan-is-gay and bydandsucks and other creative names. I give his recent one maybe a 4.5 out of 10, if that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM

18 posts, read 29,489 times
Default Can't wait to get back to the best state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Those are the people who had to move from Michigan for one reason or another and are now miserable where they live now so they are pissed at our beautiful state...its true!
I lived in Michigan my whole life up until I married my husband and moved due to him being in the military. I could never be mad at the beautiful state of Michigan, but I'm very sad I don't live there anymore. North Carolina (where we're stationed) does have some beautiful areas, but it's got nothing on Michigan! We'll be back for good when my husband gets out in fall 2012-I keep pictures of Lake Michigan (grew up five miles from it-fantastic!) as my computer wallpaper at work to keep myself motivated-it works, too! Just looking at that gorgeous blue-green water and sandy shore makes me so excited that we'll be moving back-can't wait!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I know! I miss those days. Like magellan-is-gay and bydandsucks and other creative names. I give his recent one maybe a 4.5 out of 10, if that.
my personal favorite was Bydamned

Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriol611 View Post
I lived in Michigan my whole life up until I married my husband and moved due to him being in the military. I could never be mad at the beautiful state of Michigan, but I'm very sad I don't live there anymore. North Carolina (where we're stationed) does have some beautiful areas, but it's got nothing on Michigan! We'll be back for good when my husband gets out in fall 2012-I keep pictures of Lake Michigan (grew up five miles from it-fantastic!) as my computer wallpaper at work to keep myself motivated-it works, too! Just looking at that gorgeous blue-green water and sandy shore makes me so excited that we'll be moving back-can't wait!!!
Fall 2012 is not so far away- it'll be here before you know it! I also lived in NC for a while, but the people here are just so generous and helpful. They really can't be beat

Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
my personal favorite was Bydamned

Haha! Sorry dweej, getting off track.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Haha! Sorry dweej, getting off track.
Y'all gotta quit talkin' about me like that.

Anyway.....

This ex-Michigander is still battling with his wife to leave the thermostat and windows alone.

For Pete's sake, woman.

It's 70 degrees outside and the sun is shining.

Life with a Desert Girl can be interesting.

Dweej,

you're in a great part of the state and I'm envious.

Are you a Bronco fan yet?

Good school.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, Phoenix was part of my sales territory, and man....it got rough in the summertime. You're a good man for sticking that out!

I have familial obligations to be a Spartans fan when I am at one Aunt's house and a Wolverine's fan when I'm at one uncle's house. I don't know when I'm gonna have time to be a Bronco's fan too

Old 01-27-2011, 06:02 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Plenty of time to be a Bronco's fan in your own house.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Plenty of time to be a Bronco's fan in your own house.
Okay, as soon as we're done renovating and I get some free time, I'll use to be a Bronco's fan....deal?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Long ago, in a galaxy far away, Phoenix was part of my sales territory, and man....it got rough in the summertime. You're a good man for sticking that out!

I have familial obligations to be a Spartans fan when I am at one Aunt's house and a Wolverine's fan when I'm at one uncle's house. I don't know when I'm gonna have time to be a Bronco's fan too
It is not THAT bad here in the summertime.

I enjoy it.

I get the golf course all to myself.

Twilight rates start at noon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan