Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,277,062 times

Advertisements

Looking over the photo thread today I thought to myself " it sure would be fun to shoot with some of these guys" . So then I thought " well let's try and get a photowalk together"

So, here I am reaching out to everyone who contributes to the photo thread to ask if anyone would be interested in trying to organize a meet up somewhere and shooting together. I think it would be fun and a great experience meeting all of you, putting a face with the words and name and just having a good time sharing in an event that focuses on what some of us enjoy so much. Photogaphy! If your interested post a reply so that we can try and make it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:59 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times
There are some VERY good photographers on this forum. I think it would be lots of fun to get together, but we are spread pretty far apart. Im fairly new at photography, and dont really consider myself in the same league as some...but it would still be a blast.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:58 PM

760 posts, read 2,441,997 times
Ha!!! It sounds like fun but me and my 6 year old kodak standard digital camera would be greatly embarrassed :P

Someday I'll have a nice camera......

(I'll still follow along this thread tho! )

Old 01-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Camera's don't matter, it's just people who enjoy photography getting together. My area has nothing to shoot but I'd be willing to drive 3-4 hours to meet up if anyone has an idea of a good area that offers some good photo op's.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
I would love to be able to meet some of the great people on the forum while burning pixels at the same time. I wouldn't be able to help organize anything though because I really, really suck at organizing anything (the whole ADD thing raising it's ugly head you know). It would be fun getting together with some of the people who haunt the photo section here on the MI forum regardless of what they shoot for a camera or how long they have been doing it. I know after 35+ years behind a viewfinder I'm still entrenched firmly in the rank amateur status, but every outing offers something new. The more people, the more to learn and see. I know some of the best tips I have gotten the past couple years has been from taking my kids out, and watching how they see the World around them and how they photograph it.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
I gave up photography when my son accidentally shot my camera with a BB gun and broke it. It was the second camera that I had to buy that year (prior one was stolen) and I just had it. I quit and now I just use my phone for a snapshot once in a while. I will enjoy looking a tht epictures if you put this together though.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I would love to be able to meet some of the great people on the forum while burning pixels at the same time. I wouldn't be able to help organize anything though because I really, really suck at organizing anything (the whole ADD thing raising it's ugly head you know). It would be fun getting together with some of the people who haunt the photo section here on the MI forum regardless of what they shoot for a camera or how long they have been doing it. I know after 35+ years behind a viewfinder I'm still entrenched firmly in the rank amateur status, but every outing offers something new. The more people, the more to learn and see. I know some of the best tips I have gotten the past couple years has been from taking my kids out, and watching how they see the World around them and how they photograph it.
Hey everyone we're going to Bydands house. lol

Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Hey everyone we're going to Bydands house. lol
Tell me when, I'll put on a pot or two of coffee.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM

760 posts, read 2,441,997 times
Seriously........ other then the U.P. .............. I absolutely LOVE Bydand's area of the state. I spent a LOT of time up there because that is where my beloved grandmother lived for a lot of years. Still have some cousins there.

Hope you have some hot chocolate for those of us who don't drink coffee! LOL

Edit: Notice I said "up there"........ that comes from decades of living in the Grand Rapids region..... I'm in da U.P. and I still by habit say "up there" when referring to the northern corner of the state.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Seriously........ other then the U.P. .............. I absolutely LOVE Bydand's area of the state. I spent a LOT of time up there because that is where my beloved grandmother lived for a lot of years. Still have some cousins there.

Hope you have some hot chocolate for those of us who don't drink coffee! LOL

Edit: Notice I said "up there"........ that comes from decades of living in the Grand Rapids region..... I'm in da U.P. and I still by habit say "up there" when referring to the northern corner of the state.
I agree with you 100% The west side of Michigan is absolutely gorgeous. But then again I have seen some shots of the east side that were pretty amazing as well, and here I am stuck in the middle.
Bydand I was just kidding but I had a feeling that was what you would say. Looking outside today at the snow, knowing my new camera should be here any minute and that my wife has to work this weekend. I was giving some serious thought to heading out somewhere to shoot. Shall I give you a heads up if I head out your way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: