Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I agree with you 100% The west side of Michigan is absolutely gorgeous. But then again I have seen some shots of the east side that were pretty amazing as well, and here I am stuck in the middle.
Bydand I was just kidding but I had a feeling that was what you would say. Looking outside today at the snow, knowing my new camera should be here any minute and that my wife has to work this weekend. I was giving some serious thought to heading out somewhere to shoot. Shall I give you a heads up if I head out your way?
Dont bypass the Huron National Forest area. This is a beautiful area with all the pines, lakes and many rivers along with rolling hills. If I could put a big old log cabin right in the middle of this place near the Au-Sable river...i would do it in a heartbeat and never leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,883,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I agree with you 100% The west side of Michigan is absolutely gorgeous. But then again I have seen some shots of the east side that were pretty amazing as well, and here I am stuck in the middle.
Bydand I was just kidding but I had a feeling that was what you would say. Looking outside today at the snow, knowing my new camera should be here any minute and that my wife has to work this weekend. I was giving some serious thought to heading out somewhere to shoot. Shall I give you a heads up if I head out your way?
Give me a shout. Big ice fishing tournament on Hamlin Lake this week-end and the Pros are taking kids out on the lake Saturday to show how to ice fish. All free, even the snacks and hot cocoa for the kids.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:14 PM

275 posts, read 442,012 times
I'm looking forward to when we're up north full time, so that I can join this club of Michigan forum photographers. I'll be spending five days up there starting this coming Friday, and I'm hoping to get some shots to share.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM

If its possible, maybe we could have our own online camera club. Michigan is beautiful, and there just doesnt seem to be enough pictures in the picture thread. We need to find some way to increase those numbers.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,883,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Michigan is beautiful, and there just doesnt seem to be enough pictures in the picture thread. We need to find some way to increase those numbers.
Everybody chip in and buy me a new one and I'll FILL that thread with photos. LOL

Come on it was worth a try wasn't it? Just wait, as soon as I get another one in my hands full time, there will be no stopping me. Almost have the DW convinced I really, really need a full-frame dSLR. She was looking on the computer today and out of the blue mentioned how she would like to see the detail a better sensor and larger image would give.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Everybody chip in and buy me a new one and I'll FILL that thread with photos. LOL

Come on it was worth a try wasn't it? Just wait, as soon as I get another one in my hands full time, there will be no stopping me. Almost have the DW convinced I really, really need a full-frame dSLR. She was looking on the computer today and out of the blue mentioned how she would like to see the detail a better sensor and larger image would give.
Oh man...if I was rich I would! I wish i lived in the north country...I would put 100 pictures a month in there! I have nothing in my area...sucks.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,278,444 times
I'm all ready to go. I just unpacked my brand spankin new camera. ( sorry bydand not trying to rub it in). Now when I go outside and it's snowing I don't have to worry about my camera getting wet. This baby is built like a tank. I forgot I have to go to the dentist Saturday to have my crown finished. BUT I plan to make it out your way soon Bydand.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 8,345 times
Default Camera Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
If its possible, maybe we could have our own online camera club. Michigan is beautiful, and there just doesnt seem to be enough pictures in the picture thread. We need to find some way to increase those numbers.
Scott, it would be fairly easy to set up a club or "Group" on flickr. I see lots camera clubs set them up . They are invite only type groups with discussion threads,topics and photos from the club members. High resolution images accepted .

Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Nut View Post
Scott, it would be fairly easy to set up a club or "Group" on flickr. I see lots camera clubs set them up . They are invite only type groups with discussion threads,topics and photos from the club members. High resolution images accepted .
That would be very cool! A small group dedicated to this amazing state.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 PM

275 posts, read 442,012 times
A Flickr group sounds like a great idea. I already host my photos there.

davwoj's collections on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davwoj/collections/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: