Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,745 times

Advertisements

Hope someone can help. My 17 yr.old son is leaving to visit a friend that lives in Linden, MI. He has never been there before and is a beginner driver.He will be going by his self. I am very against this trip, especially going alone. But his father is alloying him to go. I would like to know what driving is like a night time in this area. Is this generally a safe area? Any input would be appreciated. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,154,604 times
You don't say where he's coming from...?
Linden is about 4 miles from US 23. Country roads for the most part when you get off the freeway. If he gets off at or around Owen Rd in Fenton, he'll drive west through the small city of Fenton. A few traffic lights and shopping malls, a few burbs and into the country. If he's taking I75 he'll probably cut across Grange Hall Rd, through Fenton, under (or over depending which route) 23, over to Linden Rd which is a 2 lane country road and see above.
Assuming he is taking the freeway. I have no clue whether you are talkiing a 500 mile trip or just going from, say Flint, to Fenton.
If he obeys speed limits and watches out for wildlife at night etc etc, (safe driving practices), he should be fine. Assuming he is reasonably prudent, given inexperience. I'm assuming he's taking this trip fairly soon and not in January or something.
Linden is a little downtown with about 5 lights. Surrounded by various 2 lane roads and some subdivisions. If he is a bad and reckless driver who might party and get drunk, the question is will he be safe for Linden rather than the other way around!
You give very little information but that's pretty much the lowdown on Linden and environs.
You can also look at a map and figure out his route and types of roads he'll be on. City-data will give you crime stats. I can't think of anything else to offer.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,576 times
Hello,
I have lived in Linden my whole life and I can tell you that there is nothing for you to be worried about as far as Linden goes. It is very safe and small. The roads are nice and easy to navigate even for a new driver. There really isn't much to do there but Fenton is very close and there is plenty of activity there. I'm sure he will be alright!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan