Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:46 PM

749 posts, read 2,775,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
gloom??? Oh my goodness- there are christmas lights everywhere, decorations all over our house, delicious smells from the kitchen and fireplace all day long, sledding down our back hill now that the snow has arrived, our dogs chasing each other excitedly through the drifts.... Make the most of what every season has to offer and there won't be a minute of gloom in your life!

amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:47 AM

760 posts, read 2,444,660 times
<big sigh>

I'm up here at the top of da U.P. in Marquette. Three blocks from the big lake. I have NO snow on the ground. I haven't even used my snow shovel yet, it's sitting there gathering dust. Haven't had any darkness yet really (all of my indoor plants are still quite happy with the light).

I'm waiting VERY impatiently for winter to get here!!!!!! <taps fingers on da table>

Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,698,665 times
Bring on the snow...I want snow and more snow.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM

26,445 posts, read 46,702,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
Thats the best news I've heard all year. Seriously though, I hate the way it always seems dark in michigan in the winter. At least I know when I move to missouri at the end of the month they get a little more sunshine!
Missouri is not that sunny either. You have to go much further west than that.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,185,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Predicting 70 degrees here by the weekend again and of course -- sunny.
I'll be rolling into Mesilla in 4 days. Hellooooo sunshine!
Las Cruces has had a colder low temp than Leelanau, 17 degrees, so far this winter. But the sun makes all the difference to me.
When I see sunshine, I don't even care about nitpicking east shore of the lake, west shore of the state kinda stuff. Just doesn't matter
Looking forward to some Zafiro's rustic baguettes, tambien.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:59 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,961,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
Ah November....leaves are off the trees, winds pick up, flurries arrive, and along the West shore of Lake Michigan the low, grim and gray cloud cover has arrived.
I'm fine with snow...with cold weather...winter can be beautiful on a number of levels. But the gloom..the gray, almost semi-darkness today, it drives me away.
Looking forward to some New Mexico sunshine. Every day. Every...day.

Good for you! Sounds wonderful and the best thing about it is that you are doing what makes you happy! Everyone has different degrees of happiness and reasons that make them feel that way. One feels happy with the warmth of the fire in the fireplace and one feels happiest with the warmth of the sun streaming on their face and in their homes.

Glad you found yours! Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan