Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,052 times

Advertisements

Crisp

He's never been to Kendall. He's never been to Westchester or Sweetwater.
I don't know about the rest. I don't know those are areas.
He's just writing bohonkish hearsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 06:06 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Crisp

yep, he is very unfamiliar with the area and his FIU story doesn't add up. Maybe he went to FIU but he didn't go to Kendall quite often, it's not even close. The crossings are more than 100 blocks away and the drive thrugh 137 was not easy due to construction. I know that because I am extremely familiar with the area and I couldn't read about the contruction on 137 ave in google maps. You are not fooling anybody mr Libre

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Lolita

I studied at FIU while living in the Briarwoods Apartments, just besides the Falls. Before I lived right behind FIU. He doesn't know what's he's talking about.

Granted that things have changed in 25 years, but not that much. He's talking hearsay.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:16 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,690 times
Briarwoods Apartments were built by a man named Herschell V. Green, father of my old landlord on Brickell, Robert B. Green. The Greens have been screwing and suing absolutely everybody in Miami for some 30 years.

Briarwood apartments may have been decent back when you were not an old man, but nowadays they look like "ref city". Moderator cut: flaming

Leo - why don't you come back to Miami for a visit, from your post history, it sounds like you haven't been to Miami since the 80's! Flock of Seagulls, dude!

Last edited by doggiebus; 09-09-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,669,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Briarwood apartments may have been decent back when you were not an old man, but nowadays they look like "ref city". You should like that now, all the low IQ, no speakie English Hisps.
Do you even know where those apartments are? Have you ever been to the Falls area, for that matter? Even in 2009, that area is more than half non-Hispanic white. Your likely-false observation is pure trash and shows that you have little to no experience with the area.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Crisp

Come back to visit Miami sometime... a lot has changed since the days of the Miami Sound Machine you old bag...

YouTube - Dr Beat

Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,380 times
Ah....Sweetwater/Westchester...the only place I've ever been greeted in Spanish at a CHINESE buffet!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Do you even know where those apartments are? Have you ever been to the Falls area, for that matter? Even in 2009, that area is more than half non-Hispanic white. Your likely-false observation is pure trash and shows that you have little to no experience with the area.
--------

Crisp

He doesn't have the least notion about the area. Typical Bohonkish prattle.

The houses surrounding the area were magnificent. Nice, expensive houses. As to the people living there, most were English speaking and then some White Hispanics, but you couldn't even notice them because most weren't Latin.

There were many German Argentineans, Venezuelan Hungarians, Lebanese from every Latin American country, etc.

I see that the balance in the area remains more or less the same.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 09-10-2009 at 04:13 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
--------

Crisp

He doesn't have the least notion about the area. Typical Bohonkish prattle.

The houses surrounding the area were magnificent. Nice, expensive houses. As to the people living there, most were English speaking and then some White Hispanics, but you couldn't even notice them because most weren't Latin.

There were many German Argentineans, Venezuelan Hungarians, Lebanese from every Latin American country, etc.

I see that the balance in the area remains more or less the same.
Oh yea, HUGE white population..... ENORMOUS!!! As I have said before, I don't think "bongo drum brown" people should be counted as whites.

Kendall, FL - Demographics

White
16.9% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Black
2.5%

Latino
55.3%

Asian
2.4%

Other
22.9%

Kendall FL (Florida) ZIP codes, schools, jobs, demographics & more

Old 09-10-2009, 03:38 PM

809 posts, read 2,315,966 times
Lol @ bohonkish!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami