Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM

627 posts, read 1,622,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brim_lox View Post
It is better for you to stay the **** away from Miami. No one speaks English. I can't believe the price of housing here. I would think that people would want to stay away from this Cuban ****hole. But I guess more Cuban animals are moving here. Death to them all........I wanna rape their children!!!
Hotcity got banned forever by stating his opinion in educated and civilized manner and this post above is OK?

You wanna do what to their children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
There's only a couple of people on this forum that I could think of that are as racist as this idiot. This sounds like a person from Orlando that was banned. I guess that he has no life and is frustrated that he doesn't even have the money to move to Colorado. You know who you are brim_lox. It's pretty obvious. If you are that angry, you should eat a gun. I won't waste my time and energy posting any reply from you.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
"frustrated that he doesn't even have the money to move to Colorado"

i would have to empathize with him on that. unlike many parts of the country here you can get yourself in predicaments where you are trapped here. you know hes just spouting off and doesnt mean it though. i used to consider jumping off the bahia honda bridge. now i try to make survival a game. if i can get a tech job and save up enough to leave i win the game.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:00 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post

i would have to empathize with him on that. unlike many parts of the country here you can get yourself in predicaments where you are trapped here. you know hes just spouting off and doesnt mean it though. i used to consider jumping off the bahia honda bridge. now i try to make survival a game. if i can get a tech job and save up enough to leave i win the game.
How about ANY job? If you want to leave that badly, I think you would have done it by now.
Coincidentally, there are a couple of little articles on the MSN homepage about how people survive on $12K/yr or the other extreme, $150K/yr.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
tech jobs are dead. i know that. also realestate is bad. we have a friend up in boca raton who's mom was in realestate for decades and is taking classes to become a massage therapist because she was unable to sell a house for four months. i was wondering... do you think there is a market in miami for a american-owned house cleaning service?
Cixel you're going to disappoint me. All along you've been saying you don't have any friends here and can't make friends yet here's this post saying "we have a friend". This is a 180 degree turn.
Which is it?

Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM

we dont have friends we can hang out with much
we have two sets of friends we've made. one set who run a plant nursery in boca raton (1.5-2 hrs away) and see them a few times a year.
the other set lives in cutler ridge but theyre just usually really busy or spending time with their family. we do things occasionally but its every couple months. the vast majority of the time its just the two of us enjoying the natural wonders of south florida. everglades natl park, big cypress swamp, the keys (especially anne's beach). i have an inflatable kayak because thats all i can afford and occasionally kayak around biscayne natl park convoy point since its like 10 mins from me. its beautiful here but lonely. we dont have anything in common with most people here. we arent into bragging or oogling over money. we're very laid back relaxed people. there are almost none of our kind of people here. even our friends say other than us and their families they pretty much dont associate with anyone because they have nothing in common. ive tried to make friends in the reef aquarium hobby but theyre all snooty and snobby and dont like anyone.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
we dont have friends we can hang out with much
we have two sets of friends we've made. one set who run a plant nursery in boca raton (1.5-2 hrs away) and see them a few times a year.
the other set lives in cutler ridge but theyre just usually really busy or spending time with their family. we do things occasionally but its every couple months. the vast majority of the time its just the two of us enjoying the natural wonders of south florida. everglades natl park, big cypress swamp, the keys (especially anne's beach). i have an inflatable kayak because thats all i can afford and occasionally kayak around biscayne natl park convoy point since its like 10 mins from me. its beautiful here but lonely. we dont have anything in common with most people here. we arent into bragging or oogling over money. we're very laid back relaxed people. there are almost none of our kind of people here. even our friends say other than us and their families they pretty much dont associate with anyone because they have nothing in common. ive tried to make friends in the reef aquarium hobby but theyre all snooty and snobby and dont like anyone.
You know, just the two of you, sounds like a good deal to me. If you have the kind of relationship where you understand each other and can communicate, like to do things together, common goals and so forth, you have more than a good majority of people. Third parties don't make life any better most of the time. You don't need so many friends to be happy. You have your other half to be happy with. Do you guys belong to any organizations or groups where you can go fill the void you're missing just every so often? There are tons of things to do and places to go to interact with other people and they don't have to be your dearest, closest friend in life to enjoy some time together.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 AM

back in LA we had no problems finding friends. basically go to any group event and youll pickup a few. throwing small get togethers and stuff is fun but it sucks to be at home together on new years or halloween or stuff like that. you want friends and alot of people here spend time with their families instead of getting together with friends and my family is in LA and her family is in san jose and vegas. sure having 'us' time is great. but we'd like more than that sometimes. i mean flying home for christmas to remember what the real world is like once a year doesnt cut it. i miss being able to talk to people in the supermarket checkout line or being friendly with random people without worrying about the latin gossip thing that what i say may come back to haunt me or be twisted around somehow and used against me. ive never worked at any job here in miami even remotely like workplace etiquette in LA. people there are professional. there are no schoolyard antics like i see here. here people are talking smack on each other all the time, i hear racist comments, people get into massive loud arguements, people intimidate each other and you have to stand up for yourself, people dont follow the proper directions to get things accomplished, people try to pawn their work off on others or simply dont do their job yet dont get fired for it. if im at work and send an email asking a question to 20 people in LA, 15 of those people would reply back to me with an answer. when i do the same here in miami id get 1 reply if im lucky. you have to ride people here to get them to do what they're supposed to do.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Quote:

I agree that people get anchored down and can't pick up and move away for a number of reasons. I would love to move away to North Carolina to raise my three and seven year old. Unfortunately, our jobs, family, friends and comforts kind of hold us here. It's a little harder for us also because we were born and raised in Miami. I see the crime live in person which is more than most people imagine. Is Miami bad? Absolutely. There are also a few things that are nice about Miami and a lot of good people. Then again, what may be nice for one person isnt for the next.

Again, this person who I am thinking about, IS a racist. I don't care how frustrated you are, there is no excuse for his comments. I think that he once again got banned, but may have resurfaced last night under a new user name. His hate is so obvious. I guess that it's his mission to show his hate. Or maybe he is jealous that some latin or illegal immigrant moved in next door and aquired the same house that he did in the little time that they have been here. Maybe his wife left him for a Latin.

As I said before, if he is that angry and bitter maybe he should eat a gun! I know that if I was that bitter, I wouldn't be in a place where I'm that unhappy. Maybe that bitterness will cause hime to have a severe heart attack and as he is holding his chest and losing his life, he'll ask god for forgiveness.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
back in LA we had no problems finding friends. basically go to any group event and youll pickup a few. throwing small get togethers and stuff is fun but it sucks to be at home together on new years or halloween or stuff like that. you want friends and alot of people here spend time with their families instead of getting together with friends and my family is in LA and her family is in san jose and vegas. sure having 'us' time is great. but we'd like more than that sometimes. i mean flying home for christmas to remember what the real world is like once a year doesnt cut it. i miss being able to talk to people in the supermarket checkout line or being friendly with random people without worrying about the latin gossip thing that what i say may come back to haunt me or be twisted around somehow and used against me. ive never worked at any job here in miami even remotely like workplace etiquette in LA. people there are professional. there are no schoolyard antics like i see here. here people are talking smack on each other all the time, i hear racist comments, people get into massive loud arguements, people intimidate each other and you have to stand up for yourself, people dont follow the proper directions to get things accomplished, people try to pawn their work off on others or simply dont do their job yet dont get fired for it. if im at work and send an email asking a question to 20 people in LA, 15 of those people would reply back to me with an answer. when i do the same here in miami id get 1 reply if im lucky. you have to ride people here to get them to do what they're supposed to do.
I answer you 90% of the time. Does that count?

And I do agree with you about some of the work ethics here and the gossipping. That hit me like a ton of bricks when I moved here. So I just don't get into any of it.

I used to live in NY in an apt. building and only one of my neighbors was semi-neighborly and she used to pet-sit for me when I was away. You got lucky if you got a hello nod from someone in the same elevator. The most comments I got sometimes were about how polite my son was.

I have a very, very small family and we don't get together much at all. My husband has two brothers- one in the Keys and one in Tampa so they don't see each other much. My friends, we're spread all over the place. My time is spent doing all the routine things in life and a little budgeted vacation once in a while. We SOMETIMES get together with a couple of people and I don't even like to do that unless we're going out somewhere. If they come to my house, nobody helps with anything so better don't come as far as I'm concerned.
It doesn't bother me to not have "friends" to hang out with all the time. I like my semi-quiet life. When you come down to it, you are the only one who can make your own happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami