Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times

Advertisements

I'm sickened by this thread. I had to read it, and then I was disappointed in myself. I at first loved this site, because I want to move to Miami and was looking for advice. But this forum is full of ignorant people who are full of hatred and that's not really what I was looking for.

Compelled is one of my fav posters on this site because I receive respect and helpful answers to my questions.

I agree with Compel in that the last sentence of the OP is just awful.

Also, Illinois, I'm really let down by your post. I know you wanted to move like me and then when you got there you hated it. I can understand that, it might very well happen to me. I also understand others wanting to try to find a better lifestyle and find happiness. After reading your posts and speaking with you, I realized that we were not coming from the same place (in life) and we are obviously not the same. Your last post about the flag statement really showed me where you are coming from and I vehemently disagree.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM

471 posts, read 850,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Good for you! I left that Godforsaken state 2 months ago and couldn't be happier, I thought I had the flag though! Florida blows!
Yes, Florida is definitely not for major dorks

Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
hey Florida doesn't suck just sofla and jacksonville. I never saw any goodside to Miami. I hated that place since the first day I was born.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:10 PM

471 posts, read 850,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
hey Florida doesn't suck just sofla and jacksonville. I never saw any goodside to Miami. I hated that place since the first day I was born.
As most Europeans, I find Miami one of the only interesting cities in the US

Old 03-28-2008, 04:05 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
But this forum is full of ignorant people who are full of hatred and that's not really what I was looking for.
Obviously you haven't lived in South Florida, because if you did you would have a different opinion.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:06 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Obviously you haven't lived in South Florida, because if you did you would have a different opinion.
Yeah, I'm in a real isolation chamber in the most Hispanic city north of Miami-Dade as a non "hispanic" gringo! And remember, I was murdered by armed Hispanics FOUR times. They speak a different language than me, they are hurting me personally *in tears*!

I wonder what peoples opinion are about also the sizable amount of Korean, Indian (from India) languages and Hebrew I hear around here? I keep on hearing more Italian too. Is that somehow ok because it's not Spanish?

Then again, this is the Miami forum now...the attitude is different up here (yeah, it really is)...

I would like to add that in addition, a city doesn't turn yourself into a bigot, you turn yourself into a bigot.

Quote:
A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding ideology.
Quote:
Throughout the 20th century, an array of mostly political and economic forces have driven immigration from a multitude of Spanish-speaking countries--such as Cuba, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, and Mexico--to the relatively strong economy and stable political environment of the United States. As a result, according to some historians, Americans "now have something called a 'Hispanic,' which describes not someone born in a Spanish-speaking country, nor someone who speaks Spanish well or badly, nor even someone with a Hispanic surname, but someone who identifies himself as such."[8] As key corollary to this development, it is toward this group, which is not precisely or rigorously defined, that U.S. hispanophobia is now predominantly oriented.
Hispanophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by compelled to reply; 03-28-2008 at 04:26 PM..

Old 03-28-2008, 04:19 PM

Default Ridiculous

Where I live has nothing to do with my opinion of this forum. What I see is hatred and ignorance on this forum. I doubt everyone posting on this site is or has lived in Florida.

Quote:

Old 03-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Default to compelled

Don't forget the Haitians and Jamaicans. And what about everyone else dying to move there like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Yeah, I'm in a real isolation chamber in the most Hispanic city north of Miami-Dade as a non "hispanic" gringo! And remember, I was murdered by armed Hispanics FOUR times. They speak a different language than me, they are hurting me personally *in tears*!

I wonder what peoples opinion are about also the sizable amount of Korean, Indian (from India) languages and Hebrew I hear around here? I keep on hearing more Italian too. Is that somehow ok because it's not Spanish?

Then again, this is the Miami forum now...the attitude is different up here (yeah, it really is)...

Old 03-28-2008, 04:29 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Don't forget the Haitians and Jamaicans. And what about everyone else dying to move there like me?
Jamaicians speak English, and you have to go to the sunsentinel.com website forum to read hatred against West Indians. Although there is still a draw to this region, it is no secret that economic issues are pulling interests away from this area and pulling South Florida on an exodus second only to Cleveland and Detroit. There are still people who want to move here, but the economy simply can't support it.

Where I live in Weston doesn't have a large Haitian population. There are some Jamaicans though, but like I said, Jamaica is an English speaking country. Non-Hispanic transplants dominate, but people on this website like to moan and exaggerate on how their are supposedly no Americans here and how it is allegedly "worse" when you leave Weston (actually, it's the other way around)

Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,830 times
Quote:
Not necessarily.
Millions of people love living here, not saying there isn't problems here, but peoples opinion are not as bad as alot of the peopele in this board, NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami