Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

48 posts, read 130,831 times

Advertisements

SO it seems these are some great areas in south Miami to live in from what I've read, a lot of positives about both areas. Does anyone know of any decent apartments off hand? Preferably studio (all I really need) around 800-1,000 a month in either. I'm 27 and a single guy so my bank account is fully intact ha

Plan on moving down from Michigan here in the near future, just need to secure a job, and I do have quite a bit saved up. I have really good sales/management experience so hopefully that will help. Been to Florida and Miami PLENTY of times, just not THAT far south yet...will be visiting within the next month or 2 though to scope them out and get a better idea first hand.

Any other help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
The main attraction of Pinecrest is that it has the only good schools in Dade. It's more of a family place, not a singles area. Singles congregate more in Brickell, Coconut Grove, the Beaches, etc.

Also, traffic is awful in South Florida, so it's a good idea to try to live near your job.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:56 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay are nice areas for people with families that are looking for great schools in a nice area. There are other places a single person should look at before considering Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay. As a single 27 year old you should look into Brickell, the Design District, South Beach, South Miami and maybe Coconut Grove.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM

Ahhh ok so more geared towards families and more settled down areas. I mean I really don't party much, not a club guy or anything at all for the most part. I'm really laid back and I'm not concerned about living in the heart of things necessarily.

I'm just looking for a place that is nice, and as cliche as it sounds "safe" and not ghetto lol. I live in an upscale city here with ZERO crime that although next to a mini detroit which doesnt have a police dept anymore it's so horrific, and is filled with nothing but murders and drugs but coincidentally only 10 minutes away so I know how it goes. I'm not the type who is like "OMG OMG is there crime? wahhh" There's bad areas everywhere I just don't want to live IN one lol, I could care less if it's 15-20min away or whatever. I just want a GOOD spot to live. I prefer an apartment/condo but not a house just yet.

Coconut Grove, Design District and Brickell would be ideal for me then? I wouldn't want to live in SoBe, good for vacation (was there this past april) but can't envision myself living there even though the beaches are gorgeous and there is plenty to do.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 AM

196 posts, read 589,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSky View Post
Coconut Grove, Design District and Brickell would be ideal for me then? I wouldn't want to live in SoBe, good for vacation (was there this past april) but can't envision myself living there even though the beaches are gorgeous and there is plenty to do.
yes, and also like doggiebus suggested, look into South Miami. And living in any of these areas you'll be close to a beach....we lived in south miami and could get to beach on key biscayne in less than 30 minutes.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:04 PM

Not bad at all, I am infact a beach lover but then again who the hell isn't? How was South Miami when you lived there? I've been to almost every beach in FL except for Key Biscayne, but I assume it's just as nice as SoBe.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Yes go more towards South Miami, Grove or even Coral Gables as Pinecrest and Palmetto bay are more family oriented.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
What about an apartment or condo near Dadeland Mall?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Awesome greatly appreciated ppl! Anyone know of any apt or condo complex's in these areas off the bat that are nice? The Grove looks pretty ideal for me, will check it out along with the rest when I'm in the area.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 AM

196 posts, read 589,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSky View Post
Not bad at all, I am infact a beach lover but then again who the hell isn't? How was South Miami when you lived there? I've been to almost every beach in FL except for Key Biscayne, but I assume it's just as nice as SoBe.
I really liked South Miami. I was close to the metrorail, there were some great little shops/bars/restaurants etc. It's one of the few areas in miami that is walkable.

IMO, crandon beach on key biscayne is better than south beach...depends on what you're looking for, i guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami