Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,212,543 times

Advertisements

Hey i know this is for Miami but I was wondering the same thing about Universal with the tourist and the escalators. Glad to know its not just Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM

470 posts, read 1,194,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You know, it is really funny, the people complaining about all of this escalator etiquette are probably the same people who whine and complain that people drive too fast in miami.
LMAO, true.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:55 PM

380 posts, read 961,943 times
Default Great responses

Wow in less than a day, all these responses. It's interesting that so many people recognize this sort of thing in Miami and outside(inside as well) the US as well. I'm from DC and so, yes, I was told to stay to the right!

These are all just examples of how residents of Miami try to create new ways to slow an object once in motion

On another note, I read that because of the recovery act, those new fancy entrance barriers to get onto the platforms were provided by stimulus funds. Is that true? Also has anyone been on the metro-rail in July and the AC was broken?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
LMAO, true.
I may be complaining about public transportation etiquette but I don't mind the fast drivers. Back home everyone is law abiding and boring on the road in the washington, dc area

Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
I may be complaining about public transportation etiquette but I don't mind the fast drivers. Back home everyone is law abiding and boring on the road in the washington, dc area
Love how people defend the sheer recklessness of drivers in Miami. I guess you've never lost someone you love because of the sheer recklessness of drivers (and people in general) in Miami. It must be the worst pain of all and no one is defending the victims, or trying to enact a change in the law, or even insisting that existing laws are actually enforced, rather than ignored. I have nothing but disdain for drivers in Miami. They are down there with the rapists and the murderers IMO, for the lives they take away.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
Love how people defend the sheer recklessness of drivers in Miami. I guess you've never lost someone you love because of the sheer recklessness of drivers (and people in general) in Miami. It must be the worst pain of all and no one is defending the victims, or trying to enact a change in the law, or even insisting that existing laws are actually enforced, rather than ignored. I have nothing but disdain for drivers in Miami. They are down there with the rapists and the murderers IMO, for the lives they take away.
Actually, I was going to mention something about reckless drivers. I had a friend lose his mother in PA because of a drunk driver. My apologies, they are bad. I was just refuting the earlier insult thrown about fast drivers in Miami.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
Actually, I was going to mention something about reckless drivers. I had a friend lose his mother in PA because of a drunk driver. My apologies, they are bad. I was just refuting the earlier insult thrown about fast drivers in Miami.
It wasn't an insult, but you did have to make up a lie to refute my statement

Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,188,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
Man you act like that stuff doesn't happen everywhere, quit blaming Miami for everything. I seen you in another thread calling Miami "the armpit of America" or something, what a troll.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Man you act like that stuff doesn't happen everywhere, quit blaming Miami for everything. I seen you in another thread calling Miami "the armpit of America" or something, what a troll.

It does happen everywhere ... I just returned from three days in Phoenix , Arizona was actually in Scottsdale which is lovely .. but I watched the local evening news while I was there and newscasts where carbon copies of the news in South Florida ... murders , hit & runs , reports on the illegal immigration problem , corrupt local politicians ... I felt right at home the drivers on the 101 which is the main artery I was on from Skyharbpr Airport to Scottsdale was much more civil than 826 or the Turnpike though and people were super friendly in the Scottsdale area which is sort of like a Naples or Boca in the desert .

Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 AM

415 posts, read 651,314 times
I missed the part where driving fast automatically equals wreckless driving. What I call wreckless driving is when you driving down the road doing the speed limit and some one pulls out of an intersection in front of you only to go 20 mph under the speed limit causing you to slam on your brakes and possibly get rear-ended by the person behind you. Or the person who almost comes to a complete stop on the on ramp to the freeway and then tries to merge with traffic going 65 mph while doing only 35 mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami