Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 20,896 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me feedback on specific schools on Maui. If we don't have the money to pay for private, what is the best public Intermediate and high school to attend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simvic0208 View Post
Can anyone give me feedback on specific schools on Maui. If we don't have the money to pay for private, what is the best public Intermediate and high school to attend?
Here's a link to the State of Hawai'i Department of Education's "school list", where you can examine things like standardized test scores, quality surveys, performance monitoring reports, etc.
http://165.248.6.166/data/schoollist.asp

Old 05-08-2007, 08:10 PM

19 posts, read 174,177 times
Does anyone have children attending intermediate or high school OR know of someone who is attending one of the public schools on Maui. I was looking (more so) for an insiders opinion.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 20,688 times
Post Private School in Maui

I am looking for a really good High School in Maui, better if it is private, non denominational.
Thank You

Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 AM

90 posts, read 296,894 times
For intermediate, I'd recommend anything but Iao School. Maui Waena would be the best choice.

For high school, I'd suggest H.P. Baldwin High School. It's become more safer than Maui High.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 9,496 times
I Am Planning On Moving To Maui In April, I am a manager at starbucks, and don't make a lot but I'm gonna save and move. its on my own but i think i can do it. i just need help on how to do the shipping thing, i love my bed, bud should i sell it? and my tv and xbox? lol i know its trivial but man these things are my world. HELP! lol i pay 550 on rent now, if you know anything that is around that, or know a good spot to look at cheaper apartments and areas that are good let me know

Old 04-24-2014, 02:56 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,468,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayley View Post
I Am Planning On Moving To Maui In April...
First, you should start a new thread, rather than hijacking someone else's.

Second, if you take some time to read the various threads on this forum, I think you'll quickly find that the sketchy plan you outlined is just that... sketchy... and I think it has little chance of success. Others have shared here how difficult it is to find an apartment on Maui under $1,000 per month, and other costs are very high too. Plus getting here is expensive, shipping your stuff here is expensive, and if TV and Xbox are your life, you're unlikely to have the kind of skills that are in demand by Maui employers. Sorry.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,450,639 times
King Kekaulike Included in Ranking of Best High Schools | Maui Now

Old 05-10-2014, 09:31 PM

120 posts, read 1,167,850 times
All the public schools on Maui are terrible. It's just a matter of choosing the least terrible school. Probably the Kihei Charter school is the least worst. Hawaii rates in the bottom 5 (out of 50) for schooling in the united states.

King Kekaulike has a huge drug problem. One of the worst schools for drugs on the island.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,765,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidude View Post
All the public schools on Maui are terrible. It's just a matter of choosing the least terrible school. Probably the Kihei Charter school is the least worst. Hawaii rates in the bottom 5 (out of 50) for schooling in the united states.

King Kekaulike has a huge drug problem. One of the worst schools for drugs on the island.
Yes hawaii schools are not the best, but on a positive A new report by Building a Grad Nation also found that high school graduation rates in the U.S. topped 80 percent in 2012.

Hawaii's rate is slightly higher at 82 percent.

Hawaii makes high rank in graduation rankings | More Local News - KITV Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: