Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,294 times

Advertisements

so, now that our hotel/air/car has been booked, it's time for figuring out what we'll do while there! well, aside from enjoying the beach and the beautiful sunsets.

I'd like to make a top 10 list of things to do while we're there.
as a point of reference, when we went to Kauai and Oahu, we enjoyed kayaking, taking the helicopter tour to the napali coast, saw a few waterfalls, hiked and kayaked to a waterfall with a guide, went to a secluded beach, etc.

we'd like to do similar things while in Maui, but we'd try anything

Please let us know what you think and specifics would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:56 AM

Below are a few that i found....

Go to the top of Haleakala and watch the sunrise
Spend a day “driving the road to Hana”
Take a snorkeling or diving cruise/sail to Molokini
See the Iao Valley State Park
Watch for humpback whales from around November through April

Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,158 times
Hike the Waimuku Falls Trail in Haleakala National Park. You will love the Bamboo forest, pools of water, and series of waterfalls.

Check out all of the shops in Lahaina.

Go Snorkeling in Honolua Bay.

Check out Waianapanapa State Park, explore the black beach, and swim in the caves.

Take an ATV or Zipline tour.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 AM

406 posts, read 865,605 times
Visit the aquarium Maui Ocean Center | The Hawaiian Aquarium | Maui Family Activity | (808) 270-7000 , spend some time in the acrylic tunnel relaxing and watching the fish, then lunch at their restaurant.

Explore Lahaina Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii - Island Information, Events, Activities, Attractions

Check out Lahaina Cannery Mall Lahaina Cannery Mall - Maui's Favorite Shopping Mall: Jewelry, Gift Shops, Aloha Wear, Hula Shows, Swimwear, International Food Court and More! , check for times for their free hula shows.

Ride the Sugar Cane Train Welcome to the Sugar Cane Train!

Don't forget to pick up a copy of This Week Magazine http://www.thisweekmagazines.com/index2.html (broken link) . Lots of info on things to do and coupons and other specials.

Mickey

Last edited by MickeyE; 09-23-2011 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Add information on This Week Magazine

Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM

9 posts, read 20,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post

Do this, but make sure to dress as if you are going to play in the snow. Haha. It is seriously freezingggg up there. I wish I would have had mittens and a scarf. We dressed warm but not warm enough.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
Makena Beach, "turtle town" Molokini tour. blue water rafting is a fun tour. big, fast rubber pontoon style boats. the road to hana and a few stops along the way. look at the hana road info and see where you might want to stop. it is about the stops along the way, not just getting to hana. do you like food? mama's fish house, expensive and yummy. we have tons of great food here.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Below are a few that i found....

Spend a day “driving the road to Hana”Take a snorkeling or diving cruise/sail to Molokini
See the Iao Valley State Park
Watch for humpback whales from around November through April

Aloha,
If/when you go top Haleakala sense your coming from the east coast area do it on your first morning here your inner clock will not have est and you will be up and wide awake at 3 am with nothing to do so jump in the car drive up and watch.

Also if your into sailing there is a real Americas cup boat that does trips from Lahina Ive done it twice and its a blast.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Aloha,
If/when you go top Haleakala sense your coming from the east coast area do it on your first morning here your inner clock will not have est and you will be up and wide awake at 3 am with nothing to do so jump in the car drive up and watch.

Also if your into sailing there is a real Americas cup boat that does trips from Lahina Ive done it twice and its a blast.

that's such a great idea about doing the sunrise on the first day! thanks!
could you provide me with the sailing info? i've never really gone 'real' sailing, and would love to experience it! how large of a boat?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
for sure do sunrise the first day or two. otherwise I would skip it and hit the sunsets. lol you don't have to get up early for em' and it is acceptable to have a cocktail while watching. not so much with a sunrise

Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
for sure do sunrise the first day or two. otherwise I would skip it and hit the sunsets. lol you don't have to get up early for em' and it is acceptable to have a cocktail while watching. not so much with a sunrise

Lol I never thought of it that way Maybe because I'm not against a glass of orange juice and champagne at sunrise

as to the Amreicas Cup sailing SailingOnMaui.com: America II Performance Sailing on Maui, Hawaii you will love it and ill be nice wear clothes that can get wet and if you dont want to get wet sit on the high side of the boat lol I'm a sailer so i dont care but its fun to watch the ones that didnt know and get soakes

Have fun
Koa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: