Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 20,443 times

Advertisements

My family and I will probably be relocating up to the Billerica area for my work. Looking for a low crime, good school, not tremendously over-priced area. Hoping conservatives will be accepted in a liberal state. Curretnly in Atlanta the prices for everything are pretty reasonable. Looking in a few areas to live, which are spread across the 495 corridor. Tewksbury, Peabody, Westford, Georgetown and a few others. I know to stay away from Lowell and Lawrence. Any other areas that may be a good fit for good schools, dining, shopping, and low crime? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 12:37 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Hi. From the areas you mentioned, Westford stands out as the town with the best schools. Neighboring Groton and maybe Littleton you might like, but I think I'd start by looking in Westford. A commute from southern New Hampshire is certainly possible as well, many people do it.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 20,443 times
Thanks for the quick reply. I did hear also of Westford and Groton to be very nice and great places to live. They are also on my list and I have been doing the research on these as well. S. NH is definitely a possibility as well. My wife is reluctant on moving there due to the extreme increase in the cost of living, so I am trying to find the comforts of a all-around well neighborhood to make it easier on her and the kids.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 11,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInGA View Post
My family and I will probably be relocating up to the Billerica area for my work. Looking for a low crime, good school, not tremendously over-priced area. Hoping conservatives will be accepted in a liberal state. Curretnly in Atlanta the prices for everything are pretty reasonable. Looking in a few areas to live, which are spread across the 495 corridor. Tewksbury, Peabody, Westford, Georgetown and a few others. I know to stay away from Lowell and Lawrence. Any other areas that may be a good fit for good schools, dining, shopping, and low crime? Any help is greatly appreciated.
if that's what you want, move next door to Bedford. Great school sys. and almost no crime. Billerica's all wigger weed-smoking punks, and it's because the cops harass the youth so badly. Check out all the law suits coming out about the cops there. I grew up there. I love the town, but i'm afraid of it because of the cops, and i'm not a criminal.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 AM

85 posts, read 322,972 times
My only comment is that I wouldn't consider Peabody or Georgetown "in the Billerica area." If you're looking for a "next-door" commute you won't get it from either of those towns.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 AM

414 posts, read 2,280,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikman View Post
if that's what you want, move next door to Bedford. Great school sys. and almost no crime. Billerica's all wigger weed-smoking punks, and it's because the cops harass the youth so badly. Check out all the law suits coming out about the cops there. I grew up there. I love the town, but i'm afraid of it because of the cops, and i'm not a criminal.
Who the person(s) repsonsible for this attrocity in Billerica?!?!?!!?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 7,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikman View Post
The best tech high school in MA is in Billerica. Shawsheen Tech
Every school around here sucks too.
Don't live here.

And yes the cops are ****ing pricks

Lowell isn't even that bad..

Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 PM

630 posts, read 2,226,877 times
If your looking for something close by with good schools and safe, have you looked at Bedford, Lexington, Concord and Carlisle. Just some more ideas.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Westford and Chelmsford are very pleasant towns with good school reputations, some historic buildings, and easy access to 485/Rt.3. More affordable than Carlisle or Bedford/Burlington. Of course, Lexington and Concord are great towns, althoug I don't think they're exactl a straight shot to Billerica, and they are very expensive.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 PM

7 posts, read 24,592 times
Peabody school system is horrible. But they have low taxes. The housing stock in Peabody is VERY OLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts