Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 6,516 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am new to city-date and would like some help. I am doing some research that I hope will enable me to effectively depict various New England towns and neighborhoods for people looking to relocate. I have suggestions from a few of my off-the-street surveys of which towns to focus on and a few of them fall in Massachusetts. I would appreciate any input you have, negative or positive.

The first town is Milton. I would appreciate it if anyone could find/donate a photo which captures "the classic Milton neighborhood", as well as a photo of downtown/Milton Center. I have been unable to locate a picture of Milton Center and am beginning to wonder if there is one. At which intersection does it exist?

The second town is a little less popular: Spencer. My question about Spencer is this: Do most of you view Spencer as a rural farm town or simply a old and run-down place, or neither?

The third town is Shrewsbury. Do you think Shrewsbury has a Bostonian influence in its character, its "feel", its downtown, or its neighborhoods?

Thank you so very much for any help you can be, I will truly value anything you can give/tell me about these two wonderful towns!

Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM

160 posts, read 774,705 times
I recently did some research on the comparisons of both Shrewsbury and Milton (as well as Westport, CT(, but got very little feedback from city-data users. Both towns are substantial suburbs to major cities and have similar neighborhoods. Adams St in Milton and Hutchinson Field has an extraordinarily similar appearance to the public fields located on Maple Ave in Shrewsbury. Their two downtowns are also somewhat similar, although I can not locate any photos of Milton for you. Milton Center, like Shrewsbury Center, has a gazebo and colonial chuch, although Shrewsbury Center is arguably more picturesque.

As I said, I have recently attempted to get feedback on some of the same towns you ask about and have gotten very little response. Maybe there is a lack of knowledge concerning these towns? Doubtful though, since most of them (excluding Spencer) are very modest and well-known suburbs.

Best regards and take care.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Does Spencer even have its own Police Dept any more? Last I remember, the whole dept was so corrupt that they got rid of it and had the State Police patrol the town. That was a few years ago, so maybe things have gotten back to normal.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:50 AM

160 posts, read 774,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Does Spencer even have its own Police Dept any more? Last I remember, the whole dept was so corrupt that they got rid of it and had the State Police patrol the town. That was a few years ago, so maybe things have gotten back to normal.
Do they have a police dept? Yes. Is it corrupt? Hell yes! Funny you mention the SPD, I got pulled over in Spencer yesterday and received a ticket that I feel was completely ludicrous. I intend on getting it appealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts