Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,033 times

Advertisements

We've been looking in lynnfield and cannot find a decent house priced under 500. they all need a ton of work! is reading about equal in schools/town feel? is there an elementary school district in reading that is the "better" one? right now, these towns are just names to me so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM

108 posts, read 340,407 times
I live in Reading and to me, it is very different than Lynnfield. Lynnfield is a beautiful town, a bit more spread out, without a "downtown". Reading has a small downtown that is in the middle of getting a major facelift. It is nice because from many neighborhoods you can walk down to the train station and the downtown area. There are 5 elementary schools and two middle schools in Reading. I live in a neighborhood where my kids can walk to both elementary and middle. This is a preference for our family as we like to walk as much as possible. We can also walk to the train and downtown. All the schools have great reputations. There is one that IMO needs a facelift and is too far from town. The area it is in doesn't have a ton of sidewalks either. The high school is brand new and state of the art. They have very competitive and successful sports programs as well. It all depends whether you want to live in a more rural town or one with more conveniences. I would suggest a visit.....good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts