Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 09:33 AM

13,175 posts, read 22,448,169 times

Advertisements

It sucks when that happens, but I don't think it's the best example of the "unbelievable society we're in." I remember my parents being furious about their car doors getting dinged in parking lots (my mother would always park on an end spot as far away as possible much to everyone else's annoyance). It happened a lot even 20-30 years ago. My parents were constantly telling us to be careful when opening doors so we didn't hit other cars. Yet each of us still managed to throw our doors into a the car next to us on occasion when we weren't paying attention. It happens. Now, my parents would leave notes in the windshield when it did happen (and we'd get chewed out for being careless). If this lady watched her kid ding your car and then shrugged it off (or worse), that's a a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2024, 01:54 PM

3,973 posts, read 2,144,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It sucks when that happens, but I don't think it's the best example of the "unbelievable society we're in." I remember my parents being furious about their car doors getting dinged in parking lots (my mother would always park on an end spot as far away as possible much to everyone else's annoyance). It happened a lot even 20-30 years ago. My parents were constantly telling us to be careful when opening doors so we didn't hit other cars. Yet each of us still managed to throw our doors into a the car next to us on occasion when we weren't paying attention. It happens. Now, my parents would leave notes in the windshield when it did happen (and we'd get chewed out for being careless). If this lady watched her kid ding your car and then shrugged it off (or worse), that's a a problem.
It may not be one of the most notable but it is still a good example that demonstrates what an unbelievable society we're in. If people don't even have the basics down (and aren't instilling those basics in their kids) of common courtesy/respecting other peoples' property....you can imagine what else they're lacking.

Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Leave it to the Ram drivers.....they always seem to be some of the most reckless and aggressive. 3 hospitalized after multi-vehicle crash in Mashpee - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

Old Today, 09:43 AM

I was on route 24 earlier and it was a parking lot both ways. It was so bad that I took an exit and took back roads to make it back faster than if I had stayed on that highway. Question is why so bad so early on a Sunday? It was only mid morning and it wasn't just northbound, southbound was bad too! Parking lot bad. I haven't been on route 24 on a summer Sunday in a long time so maybe this is normal? Can't even attempt to go anywhere in this state on a summer weekend...it's torturous the traffic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts