Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2023, 02:39 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,840,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I find the interactions that newenglandgal has on the road to be pretty funny. They remind me of the interactions I used to have on the train.
I'd love to hear some interactions you had on the train! I'm not a train patron and don't think I'd enjoy it one bit on the regular. However, if it was for an outing or to attend a special event in town that's one thing but being stuck that close to crazies with no way to get away for a morning commute everyday....no thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 02:54 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I'd love to hear some interactions you had on the train! I'm not a train patron and don't think I'd enjoy it one bit on the regular. However, if it was for an outing or to attend a special event in town that's one thing but being stuck that close to crazies with no way to get away for a morning commute everyday....no thanks!
Just lots of rude behavior on a daily basis. People thinking they should get 2 seats if they had a bag, people listening to loud music, talking about sex loudly on the phone and dropping F bombs everywhere. I never had a fight with anyone but I'll just say I had times where I exchanged words with people. Watching other people be rude to people.

I can recall one situation where a girl was coughing on a very crowded train and she wasn't covering her mouth and it almost seemed like fake obnoxious coughing. There was standing room only and she was just non stop coughing, not covering her mouth. People seemed annoyed and I thought I might explode. Once my stop approached I said to her, thanks a lot for coughing all over everyone this whole ride. She was just like, yeah, I have allergies. Whatever. If you really have to cough like that, get the off the crowded train.

Another time the train was again very crowded and a girl was jumping ahead of everyone bumping into people to cut the line to get off, I said, geez under my breath and she turned around and smiled and said, shut the up.

Another time I cut people getting on the train because people were moving incredibly slow and i didn't feel like waiting anymore. I basically almost got beat up. These two women wanted a piece of me but I just sat there with headphones on ignoring them. It was funny how they couldnt move themselves to get on the train but they had plenty of time/breath to talk about someone moving in front of them for their lack of hustle.

Ahh, dont miss those days. It's harder to have bad interactions on a train than in a car you can just get in and speed away from whoever the enemy is , lol.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-15-2023 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-15-2023, 03:05 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,840,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Just lots of rude behavior on a daily basis. People thinking they should get 2 seats if they had a bag, people listening to loud music, talking about sex loudly on the phone and dropping F bombs everywhere. I never had a fight with anyone but I'll just say I had times where I exchanged words with people. Watching other people be rude to people.

I can recall one situation where a girl was coughing on a very crowded train and she wasn't covering her mouth and it almost seemed like fake obnoxious coughing. There was standing room only and she was just non stop coughing, not covering her mouth. People seemed annoyed and I thought I might explode. Once my stop approached I said to her, thanks a lot for coughing all over everyone this whole ride. She was just like, yeah, I have allergies. Whatever. If you really have to cough like that, get the off the crowded train.

Another time the train was again very crowded and a girl was jumping ahead of everyone bumping into people to cut the line to get off, I said, geez under my breath and she turned around and smiled and said, shut the up.

Another time I cut people getting on the train because people were moving incredibly slow and i didn't feel like waiting anymore. I basically almost got beat up. These two women wanted a piece of me but I just sat there with headphones on ignoring them. It was funny how they couldnt move themselves to get on the train but they had plenty of time/breath to talk about someone moving in front of them for their lack of hustle.

Ahh, dont miss those days. It's harder to have bad interactions on a train than in a car you can just get in and speed away from whoever the enemy is , lol.
Ewww...yuck...I wouldn't last long taking the train on the regular! Yes, in a car you can usually speed away from whoever is the enemy but sadly some of them are crazy enough to follow you. I've had that happen before!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-15-2023 at 05:19 PM..

Old 08-15-2023, 03:09 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Ewww...yuck...I wouldn't last long taking the train on the regular!
Just a lot of people being oblivious and not aware or caring about their surroundings. I just had a flashback of standing next to a guy waiting for the train and he kept spitting repeatedly down onto the tracks. Like every 10 seconds he'd just spit. It was crowded, he didn't care. I hate people like that. No regard for anyone around at all while you do something disgusting. Even people who start eating an apple or a stinky sub on a crowded train. Gross for all involved.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:35 PM

It could also be said that many MA towns at one point had old money. MA is old. Fall River had old money and was considered one of the richest cities in the US at one point. Look at it now.

Old 08-15-2023, 04:38 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

That's West Roxbury. Due to the location, a developer bought that park and started eviction proceedings on the tenants. Thanks to the Boston housing court, they are still there many years later. That wouldn't be the case if the property was in Dedham.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:31 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
You have correctly identified an error in google maps.

The river is the border between Dedham and Boston.

These are a lot more authoritative than a computer-generated map

https://ecode360.com/attachment/DE30...ingMap2020.pdf
https://www.bostonplans.org/getattac...-1bfc416b00bb/
https://maps.bostonplans.org/zoningviewer/
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
That's West Roxbury. Due to the location, a developer bought that park and started eviction proceedings on the tenants. Thanks to the Boston housing court, they are still there many years later. That wouldn't be the case if the property was in Dedham.

The entrance to the trailer park is definitely in Boston. But I'm not convinced that:

a) all of the trailer park is in Boston.

b) the Boston and Dedham line is as clean as simply "the river is the line".

c) Google made an error.

Google maps uses geographic coordinates. Highly unlikely for there to be an error.

A couple clicks to the north with street view will be Boston. In the other direction, it's shown as Dedham for the remainder of the street and changes to Boston when you go east.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:35 PM

Ive driven by that trailer park before. I do think it was in west Roxbury. Seemed like a strange location for it. Here's a recent article on it:

https://www.wgbh.org/news/housing/20...dable-surprise

Old 08-15-2023, 07:54 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
The entrance to the trailer park is definitely in Boston. But I'm not convinced that:

a) all of the trailer park is in Boston.

b) the Boston and Dedham line is as clean as simply "the river is the line".

c) Google made an error.

Google maps uses geographic coordinates. Highly unlikely for there to be an error.

A couple clicks to the north with street view will be Boston. In the other direction, it's shown as Dedham for the remainder of the street and changes to Boston when you go east.
Look at the Dedham and Boston official maps I’ve linked to. Both show the border as the Charles River at that part of Boston. Google maps is mediocre at borders because it isn’t important. Cities and towns are VERY GOOD at borders because it impacts nearly everything they do.

2023 Real Estate Observations-img_0061.png

2023 Real Estate Observations-img_0060.png

Old 08-15-2023, 07:56 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Look at the Dedham and Boston official maps I’ve linked to. Both show the border as the Charles River at that part of Boston. Google maps is mediocre at borders because it isn’t important. Cities and towns are VERY GOOD at borders because it impacts nearly everything they do.

Attachment 245196

Attachment 245197
Geographic coordinates don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts