Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 06:38 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times

Advertisements

Youre backing a president who approves of and encourages violence against dissenters.

Violence begets violence. Little to no sympathy for this woman. You know what comes with that..

Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 AM

23,548 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
“Good people on both sides” during the KKK marches through Charlottesville in 2017. Refusal to denounce white supremacy in the presidential debate. A platform initially built on the promise to keep brown people out. Tried back in March to get people to call covid “Chinese virus”. Former grandmaster, David Duke literally endorsed him.
You really don't still believe these lies do you? Fact of the matter is Trump condemned the white supremacists at that event, if you cared to watch the entire speech you would know that.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You really don't still believe these lies do you? Fact of the matter is Trump condemned the white supremacists at that event, if you cared to watch the entire speech you would know that.
Show us. Transcript, video-whatever. If it happened it should be readily accessible given the nature of the events. We’ll wait patiently.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Show us. Transcript, video-whatever. If it happened it should be readily accessible given the nature of the events. We’ll wait patiently.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2...ne-people.html

"So you know what, it's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people -- and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.
"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."
Reporter: "Sir, I just didn't understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don't understand what you were saying."
Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.
"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.
(highlights and underlines by Lead Stories)
The transcript shows Trump is saying that there were some "very bad" people among the pro-statue protesters and he contrasts them against some "very fine" people that were also there according to him. After some riffing with the reporter about if statues of Jefferson or Washington should also be taken down Trump then clarifies who he does not count among those "very fine people", namely "the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists", who, according to Trump, "should be condemned totally"."

Then there is this:
https://time.com/4899813/donald-trum...ks-transcript/

Old 10-17-2020, 07:49 AM

Saying they should be condemned totally and the failing to actually condemn them yourself does not count at all.

That’s like saying someone ought to tell them they’re wrong. But not telling that person theyre wrong yourself. Cmon. That’s some bull.

Then you have the opportunity to condemn racism in the debate in live national television and you don’t. why? Because he doesn’t actually want to condemn racist or white supremacist.

If anyone can’t see that I feel very comfortable saying theyre a racist. it’s not at all that nuanced.

To go further than this is intentionally over analyzing and over intellectualizing for the purposes of apologizing for Trump and his ignorance and indifference towards justice and equality. By extension your are complicit in systemic racism.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:49 AM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

With social media platforms, these idiots can now spew their verbal vomit in a forum and have tens of thousands of idiots just like them nod and validate them. With the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth not only not condemning them, but recognizing them as equals with those whom they hate, they've just gotten a prestigious endorsement.

OK, so you're explaining that Trump has endorsed racist social media platforms. Which ones?

Old 10-17-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Saying they should be condemned totally and the failing to actually condemn them yourself does not count at all.

That’s like saying someone ought to tell them they’re wrong. But not telling that person theyre wrong yourself. Cmon. That’s some bull.
Totally disagree, I think his intention was clear as mud. Did you not read that entire speech in the Time link?
Quote:
Then you have the opportunity to condemn racism in the debate in live national television and you don’t. why? Because he doesn’t actually want to condemn racist or white supremacist.

If anyone can’t see that I feel very comfortable saying theyre a racist. it’s not at all that nuanced.
Yes he did look very bad there, and that certainly costed him.
Quote:
To go further than this is intentionally over analyzing and over intellectualizing for the purposes of apologizing for Trump and his ignorance and indifference towards justice and equality. By extension your are complicit in systemic racism.
"Over analyzing and over intellectualizing"??? All I did was correct a piece of false information posted, I sure hope that wasn't directed at me. I don't even support Trump, but constantly repeating lies like that aids "that side" more than it detracts from.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:34 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Youre backing a president who approves of and encourages violence against dissenters.

Violence begets violence. Little to no sympathy for this woman. You know what comes with that..
She was a woman..Whats the matter with you tough liberal guys ?

Old 10-17-2020, 08:52 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,663,898 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qD47QFFkTU

Old 10-17-2020, 09:02 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,663,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
She was a woman..Whats the matter with you tough liberal guys ?

In my opinion true liberals aren't generally dogmatic, and generally have a wide range of viewpoints based intellectualism and wide ranging sources of information. What you're seeing mostly these days are hard-leftists; committed more to their ideology and dogma than to collaborative problem solving. Some have specific bigger agendas, and many are just brainwashed followers cause they think it makes them cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts