Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the Oysterfest last year because I was in Houston. I've been twice in my life and I love it. I'm coming back to MA in 4 weeks to go to the Nantucket Wine Festival and I can't wait. It will be my 5th year in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 PM

46 posts, read 114,099 times
Falmouth, Hyannis, Mashpee and PTown.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 AM

33 posts, read 95,030 times
Hmm this is a hard one for me. I find each town has something wonderful about it. I live in Sandwich (originally from the other side of the bridge - Carver). It is a beautiful old town with beach, cute storefronts, old homes... very pretty and picturesque. But it's funny, because whenever someone says "oh you live on the Cape" and I say "yes I live in Sandwich" - I tend to get a response like "oh that's right over the bridge, that's not too Cape" - hahaha. I find that funny because it IS over the bridge, so it's still part of Cape Cod. I think many people go by it though on their way to the lower cape towns so they forget about it. I do like Hyannis for the concerts, shopping, restaurants but wouldn't necessarily want to live there... Chatham is beautiful, yeah that might have to be my favorite one.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times
Yeah Chatham is great. I like going to the Chatham Squire and the Roo Bar. Main Street is always fun in the summer time as well. Sandwich is nice. I used to live in Bourne actually. Sandwich has some nice restaurants and is just an overall nice town. I prefer the Lower Cape to the Upper Cape but I'd be bored out of my mind living down there on a year round basis.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 PM

7 posts, read 14,268 times
Default Bourne Has Hisrory and Quaint Villages

Hi! I lived in Bourne and Cataumet for many years, I shared a business with a partner. I was involved with many orginations and am very familiar with Bourne and the Lower Cape. If you are interesed with historical facts you may contact the Bourne Historical Society and the local Chamber of Commerce. The Summer white house for President Grover Cleveland was at Gray Gables. A village of Bourne. The Buzzards Bay railroad bridge over the Cape Cod Canal is very unigue. All the cape is acceptable, but my memories remain in Bourne.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,017 times
chatham to wellfleet. In between it seems to be a function of the right street and house...

Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,523,463 times
We have vacationed for a couple of years in Wellfleet, visiting Truro and Provincetown, visited friends in Dennis, stayed overnight in Hyannis. Went to a wedding in Centerville. Went to cute fiddle fest thing in Falmouth (I think), visit Chatham every year for the shops. Drive to Nauset beach once a year or so for a beautiful day. Drove out to Mashpee for the shopping once.

For my purposes, vacationing, we have liked Wellfleet--love the ponds and the bay for swimming. The ocean is too cold for us. The only thing I don't like is the traffic running thru town on 6.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
Great question. I like the Cape best off season.

Chatham would top my list too. I love the Chatham Bars Inn in winter. The fireplaced great room with a cocktail and the roaring fire, looking out at the ocean is phenomenal.

Sandwich. Lived here just after college and moved back to raise our kids. Christmas in downtown is like being in Whoville.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,058 times
Chatham, my family has a summer home their. It's by far my favorite.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM

12 posts, read 82,812 times
I just built a summer home in Dennis and love the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts