Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 AM

4 posts, read 21,146 times

Advertisements

I was raised in Greenfield MA and left there in '59 to move to CA. I live in midwest now. I am trying to find anyone who remembers Hennesseys Alleys a bowling Alley in Greenfield that I believe burned down in the 70's. My uncle originally owned it and I am trying to get a picture of it either from the inside or the outside. thanks for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM

8 posts, read 29,140 times
Post from greenfield too!

I was raised in greenfield my whole life and been in arizona now for 4 years, looking to move back to mass. soon! I wasn't around until 76 but was wondering where the building was? I go back to visit family and friends a lot and could possibly get you pictures. My step-father was also chief of the fire department and was on it for 30 something years, i'm sure he knows about it and probably has pictures himself. Let me know i'm curious!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:00 PM

Not sure if I sent my response but just in case .
I believe it was located on School street just off of Main st but not sure . The street ran same way as Federal street and I think it was one block west

Bob

Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,304 times
School street starting from main st has an intersection.....do you remember any other buldings???was it where the icecream shop was put in???

Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 PM

967 posts, read 4,784,500 times
Have you contacted the historical society in town?

Also, you might want to check out http://www.biblio.com/books/91075797.html

Best of luck!!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_screenname View Post
School street starting from main st has an intersection.....do you remember any other buldings???was it where the icecream shop was put in???
The Bowling Alley was located in the first block off of main street.
Bob

Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,234 times
Saw your message online about Hennesseys and i'll look around for pictures of them for you. My dad and grandfather bowled there and I really don't remember it, but there was three in town and simones on french king highway is now a super stop & shop. How many lanes were inside hennesseys and also do you remember the one on main street down the alley next to the davenport block which burned down in dec 1972

Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM

It was actually located upstairs and it had ten or less alleys in it. I remember all three of the bowling alleys , I used to set pins in all of them while in High School . One of the other two was called Wilcox bowling I believe. Think that was first one to put in automatic pinsetters so that did away with setting pins at that particular bowling alley. As I recall that was a real rough job especially with candlepin bowling where the deadwood was left on the lanes to use on your 2nd and 3rd ball and the balls and pins sometimes would fly up and hit the poor guy setting pins. Got a few bruises on that job. The one that burned down in 72 was Hennessey's . I thought it was on school street but that was a long long time ago so perhaps I had location a bit off.
If you come up with any pics please let me know
Bob H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Girard View Post
Saw your message online about Hennesseys and i'll look around for pictures of them for you. My dad and grandfather bowled there and I really don't remember it, but there was three in town and simones on french king highway is now a super stop & shop. How many lanes were inside hennesseys and also do you remember the one on main street down the alley next to the davenport block which burned down in dec 1972

Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,782 times
Default project for school

Hello, I have a social studies project. It is writing a paper using mudracking, so I had to choose a project about something that mad me mad and made me want to change it. I decided that I would write about how much greenfield has changed in a negative way. I was looking for someone to ask about greenfield and how it was a while ago. I found this site and what you wrote and was wondering you could answer some questions for me. please reply back if you are willing to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromaz View Post
I was raised in greenfield my whole life and been in arizona now for 4 years, looking to move back to mass. soon! I wasn't around until 76 but was wondering where the building was? I go back to visit family and friends a lot and could possibly get you pictures. My step-father was also chief of the fire department and was on it for 30 something years, i'm sure he knows about it and probably has pictures himself. Let me know i'm curious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts