Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 04:56 PM

10 posts, read 20,949 times

Advertisements

I lived in Harwich for 4 years.. Bought a home and lived there. Just before I sold my home I was driving there from having a few drinks at the watering hole over by the Stop & Shop on RT 137.. As I looked in my rear view there was no other traffic at all during my whole trip.. about 5 miles... I pulled into my long driveway, parked my vehicle slowly, & I was walking on the sidewalk in front of my house (on my property) up to my door, only steps away..when a police car entered my driveway. He had his lights on and asked me why I didn't stop. I said I didn't see him & why didn't he turn on his siren?? Well he didn't answer but insisted on giving me a sobriety test. I told him I was out of my car and on my own property! He still told me to take the test which I did and he said I failed. This was accessive police action,the officer was alone and it was his word against mine. I was taken to the jail. Can you believe that?? I wonder if there is a way to find out who that guy was and if it's too late to prosecute HIM!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 05:15 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
If you were driving after a few drinks, then you deserve to have your license permanently revoked IMO. If you failed the test, you failed it. I highly doubt the cop was out to get you just for fun.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:00 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
If you drink, please take a taxi or stay off the road. I don't want to get killed or injured by a drunk driver.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:19 PM

45 posts, read 180,990 times
sober up rummy. it will all be over soon.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,800,051 times
Default Troll...

This person posted about being kidnapped by people "in police uniforms" in another thread (titled Hate Crimes in the MA forum). Too strange to relate.

Just ignore.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM

10 posts, read 20,949 times
Default Hate Crime in Chatham, MA -

This is a free forum for anyone to read- you needn't tell everyone "IGNORE". The whole point of posting it was to have everyone READ it and here you go telling everyone to ignore it.. Then what's the point of posting it? Yes, it is strange but true. I suppose you don't believe it? Well I really don't care if you do or don't. The fact is, it's out in print & maybe the guys involved will see it and know
something is being done. I frequent Chatham, I've talked to an earlier police chief about this, I've contacted the Attorney Generals office and other sources, State troopers for one, And the FBI and so you're post of ignorance is not in the least understandable. Of course I haven't contacted you or your Cape Cod Police force as apparently if you WERE the ones involved you would conveniently shelf this case. Apparently you are taking sides, that is my personal opinion. And you are the wrong side. Instead of doing your job of protecting the innocent, the victim, you are worsening the problem with your telling everyone to ignore what they read? Freedom of the press! Freedom of speech! Your way to solve this henious crime is to say "ignore"? I do believe in law enforcement but not the way you are handling Where's your sense of loyalty to the citizen? Nowhere that I can see. Thanks for nothing.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:59 PM

11 posts, read 66,240 times
Dude, you need to chill out. Pay your fine, do your time...move on.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 7,005 times
Default City

There is insufficient evidence to assert what conditions in world history spawned the first cities. Theorists, however, have offered arguments for what the right conditions might have been and have identified some basic mechanisms that might have been the important driving forces.
James

[URL="http://www.legalx.net/"]california dui[/URL]

Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 AM

2 posts, read 7,005 times
Default City

There is insufficient evidence to assert what conditions in world history spawned the first cities. Theorists, however, have offered arguments for what the right conditions might have been and have identified some basic mechanisms that might have been the important driving forces.
James
[URL="http://www.legalx.net"]california dui[/URL]

[URL="http://www.legalx.net/"]
[/URL]

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,089 times
I am a resident of Harwich and have been since 1990 and I can personally attest to the absolute abuse of power by the Harwich Police Force. It is widely known on the Cape as one of the worst police forces. We have WAY too many cops for the size of our town. We have very little crime at all so it leaves these power-hungry, BORED cops to search for anything to entertain themselves with. They come out of the academy and want to put their little drills to work in the real world. This problem has gotten better and what I speak of mostly pertains to the years 2000-2006. There's been multiple lawsuits against them including one where a 17 year old kid was tailgated w/ in inches by a cop cruiser at night . The cruiser had no lights on, not even headlights. He was then harassed and literally made fun of for his acne and given no warning/citation. This is all heresay and I've only heard these stories and do not know the exact nature but they did happen to some capacity. I heard it was settled out of court and I know that the officer was terminated. Another former Harwich cop was laid off after cut-backs and he was an officer w/ numerous complaints against him. He then went on to work for the Yarmouth force only to shoot and kill a 20-something year old kid after a short chase. The kid was smoking marijuana, had no weapon and showed no sign of a weapon yet was shot several times and killed. The cop was cleared of any wrong doing.
I, personally, used to get pulled over an exuberant amount of times and only in Harwich. I am not a speeder and nearly always I was given no reason for the stop or an extremely ridiculous/false reason. (License plate light out that was not out; saying I swerved when I didn't; not completely stopping at a stop sign saying I had to fully count to 3) and very often I was searched for no reason either and when I clearly would give them NO permission they would do so anyway. I am just saying that the story this original poster conveys could very well be true and reports like this used to be all too common...absurdly common.
This problem has gotten a lot better in my experience though and from what I hear there has been a ton less problems and we have an almost completely new police force. I give credit to Harwich because I do believe they laid off/fired a lot of these officers that weren't doing the right things. It seems a lot better now and the presence seems less. We also got a giant new police headquarters building that is beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts