Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 11:35 PM

149 posts, read 349,051 times

Advertisements

Regarding crime - the only crime that happens in this town is really domestic issues in the Preserves apartment complex on Route 1 on the Foxboro border. Other than that, there are the whackadoodles that come here FROM OUT OF TOWN to shoplift at Kohls and Walmart. Read the Walpole Times police log, it's all shoplifters all with out of town addresses. The police log is usually pretty bland, with the occasional hilarity of someone calling 911 because of pollen on their car or some nonsense (that is a true entry from the police log that i remember reading).
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:05 AM

752 posts, read 1,492,851 times
Well, congrat's on moving into town! I am not exactly a native to Walpole but I grew up there from the time I was about 6 years old on and lived there until I was 23--my mother is native to the area, however. I really would not worry about the crime, schools, etc. Crime is largely confined to petty things (like if you read the police log); serious crimes are rare indeed.
Taxes are rather high but the quality of living is wonderful. I really miss living there, but as they say--you can not go home! The is a great place to live and raise a family; the schools are very good and the high school is most certainly geared towards college prep.

East Walpole is quite desirable, has much to offer and it tends to still have a good number of life long or long time residents--I suggest you get to know your neighbors a bit. Also you have easy access to Rte 1, 95 and 128.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:19 AM

24 posts, read 40,856 times
Default A big thank you....

.....to everyone who answered - with all the positive info about Walpole I can't wait to move in!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 PM

270 posts, read 1,360,633 times
Yes, ACH I have seen a trend towards more young families moving in. I think the town currently is still somewhat on the older age side but there is definitely a trend of younger families. Just go to the Walpole soccer practice fields on a Sunday. Hundreds of little kids running around. I do think the houses here are a little pricey and the taxes are high so that hinders some young families from moving here but the trend is there. I would make you a spreadsheet but I am taking a break from making my own statistics. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts