Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 PM

63 posts, read 119,663 times

Advertisements

Seems like we are going to be homeowners...

My wife and I relocated to MA last September for work and have been renting in Clinton, MA. We've been house hunting since January and our offer on a home in Northborough was accepted. Inspection was last Saturday and that went well.

While we did our research we are still not too familiar with the area. We only had the following criterias for our home search:
- location : my wife work in Boston and I work in Worcester so close to a T and highway wa as must.
- price : 0 - 350k
- must be a home.

We got outbid on 2 previous homes (Natick and Framingham). If all goes well closing is scheduled for August.

So what can you tell us about the town? We are homebodies mostly and workaholics... But hoping to change that and slow down. We are both 28, working professionals and hoping to start a family in the next couple of years. If possible we would like to create a life here vs just having a place to sleep like we have been doing for the past 5 years.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times
I don't know much about Northborough as it's outside my coverage area, but the shopping plaza with Wegmans is great. The BJ's gas station near the entrance is dirt cheap.

Mainly I just wanted to say congrats on your new home!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,816,907 times
Congratulations on the new home. A coworker of mine commutes from Northborough to the financial district via commuter rail. She loves it for the old school charm. I also agree Wegman's is great. We make the trip out there from Natick just to eat in the food court and grocery shop. Tougas Farm is also great for picking whatever fruit happens to be in season. Aside from those 2 places, I can't tell you much more about the town other than it has a great reputation in the Worcester county area.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,086,209 times
I lived in Northborough briefly when I first moved to Massachusetts. While you don't have kids now, Assabet Park is really nice with a sprayground in the summer. Northborough House of Pizza is yummy. You're close to Solomon Pond Mall. You're close to a lot. Tougas Farm is awesome! If you have any pets Northborough VCA is awesome. We bring our dog there from Charlton. It's a hike for us too. I love Northborough! I think you'll enjoy it if the commute doesn't bother you.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM

63 posts, read 119,663 times
Thank you for all the answers.

We do have a dog, he is a Maltesse and ****-stzu mix. We will be within walking distance of the Northborough VCA so we will definitely be visiting them.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM

160 posts, read 571,916 times
I live in Westborough, but could have just as easily moved to Northborough. Most people from the boroughs area tend to pop in and out of all the surrounding towns. Northborough is a great town and you will love it. A ton to do for families, extremely convenient to more commercial areas of Westborough / Shrewsbury rte 9, Worcester, Marlborough Framingham / Natick, Boston yet retains a very small town community feeling. Aside, from Wegmans and that whole plaza, there are some great restaurants right in town - Romaines (higher end), yama zukora and some other sushi restaurants, coffee shops, starbucks etc. There is a little market that sells great middle eastern food. My friends who live there are very happy with the schools. They are excellent and the class sizes are still relatively small comparatively. Ski ward is down the street for beginner skiers. A small little bowling ally. There is a big block party once a year in the fall (apple fest) that is fun for kids. There are nicely maintained fields, and the assabet playground mentioned above is terrific for little kids. It is mostly families. You will probably find that you will get to know a lot of people and feel more connected after you have kids - not that you can't find that before, but it will take more effort.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM

23 posts, read 66,037 times
I live in Southborough and we share a high school with Northborough. You're far from needing that, but just know the high school is very good. The shopping plaza mentioned has everything you need. And Westborough has even more like restaurants and such. It's a great area, good choice!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
All my friends from the ...boroughs are good quality people. I would move there in a heartbeat were I a family not single. Clean, lots of value and lots to do there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts