Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM

12 posts, read 19,432 times

Advertisements

@ORGE- Thank you for the advice! I see alot of listings of different houses available in needham, newton, weston, but I hear sometimes houses that are shown on the market sometimes arent even still on the market! we will have to check it out soon here. What are newton schools are like? Are there any private schools near by perferrably all girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
I'm not sure about houses that are advertised even after they're already sold. I can tell you some details about a number of towns, but not much about the nuances of house hunting. The real estate agents on here and those you deal with directly during your actual house search would be much better sources than I for that kind of info.

I don't know a long list of private schools in or near Newton, but the one that comes immediately to mind when I think of a girls' school nearby (very prestigious if I'm not mistaken, and I don't know what admissions requirements they might have) is the Dana Hall School in Wellesley, which is the next town west of Newton.

About Dana Hall - Dana Hall School

Old 08-27-2012, 07:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnr1985 View Post
@ORGE- Thank you for the advice! I see alot of listings of different houses available in needham, newton, weston, but I hear sometimes houses that are shown on the market sometimes arent even still on the market! we will have to check it out soon here. What are newton schools are like? Are there any private schools near by perferrably all girls?
Websites like Zillow, Trulia, and even Realtor.com often misinterpret the status codes on our MLS and show properties that are under contract as available. Sometimes they're just slow to update too. I put a house on the market this spring and it didn't show up on Trulia for 3 days or so. In a competitive market that can put you at a serious disadvantage.

I know I am able to setup automated searches which email my clients new listings directly from MLS which is updated constantly. Just another good reason to work with a real estate agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I don't know a long list of private schools in or near Newton, but the one that comes immediately to mind when I think of a girls' school nearby (very prestigious if I'm not mistaken, and I don't know what admissions requirements they might have) is the Dana Hall School in Wellesley, which is the next town west of Newton.

About Dana Hall - Dana Hall School
Dana Hall is a great school and definitely all girls. Newton Country Day is also all girls and grades 5-12. The only other all girls private school I can think of in the area is Ursuline Academy in Dedham. I believe Ursuline covers Junior High and High School grades.

If you're willing to consider a co-ed school, My wife and many other people I know have attended and spoken well of Beaver Country Day school. It's in Chestnut Hill I believe it's technically in the Brookline section of Chestnut Hill but if it is then it's barely across the Newton border.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM

@MikePRU--I will have to check into those Schools as well because we want the best education for our daughter is getting around the school age and that also answers my questions about this one house that was on the market in needham on trulia and someone commented and asked why was there house on the market and they had just purchased it about a month ago I believe. I wonder why does those site are so out dated when it comes to houses on the market.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
@MikePRU--I will have to check into those Schools as well because we want the best education for our daughter is getting around the school age and that also answers my questions about this one house that was on the market in needham on trulia and someone commented and asked why was there house on the market and they had just purchased it about a month ago I believe. I wonder why does those site are so out dated when it comes to houses on the market.
I'm not sure why sites like Trulia, Zillow, etc are so innaccurate (Realtor.com is probably the best of the bunch BTW). The real problem is that they don't care about being accurate. I used to report innaccuracies on those sites but they never bothered to correct anything I brought to their attention. The problem is that these sites are out to make a profit. The more properties they list, the more people look at their site, the more leads they have to sell to real estate agents. It's all about the all mighty dollar with many of these sites and they care not about the level of service they offer consumers.

Did you get that listing I emailed you on a cul-de-sac in Needham? I think you would love that house.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:08 PM

@MikePRU- I just checked my email and I did not recieve it, Is there anyway u can resend it? I would love to look at the home, I will resend you my personal email in a PM.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
@MikePRU- I just checked my email and I did not recieve it, Is there anyway u can resend it? I would love to look at the home, I will resend you my personal email in a PM.
It looks like the first time you PM'ed me your email address that you transposed two of the letters. I'll resend it right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts