Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which town has a higher "status" in terms of wealth and quality of people?
Charlton, MA 0 0%
Sturbridge, MA 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,817 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in the Andover area and am interested in moving to either Charlton or Sturbridge. Can anyone tell me which is the nicer, more exclusive one of the two? I have two daughters ages 3 and 1. My older daughter is currently enrolled in a private catholic school in Andover and I would like to find its closest equivilant. Money, amenities, and location to highways etc are not really a factor in my decision. What I am interested in is ...

Which town has the better schools?
I do NOT like "school of choice" where outsiders from bad towns invade nice schools. I am moving to escape that now. Which schools have a better quality of people?
Which towns offer better neighborhoods such as country club type neighborhoods?

When it comes to childrens sports, which is the better town for
Cheerleading?
Gymnastics?
Dance?

The success of my children is very important to me. Which town has a better "status" among the pecking order of the surrounding towns, between the two, both wealth wise, and the overall quality of the people?

I want to come as close to Andover's equivilant as possible minus the new concept of taking in tons of Lawrence students.

Please help me! I have been debating between the two for months but keep getting mixed responses from other people.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts