Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 05:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times

Advertisements

There is a general lack of news about the results of the latest storm for WMass. All I can get on radio or tv are reports out as far as Worcester so I'm getting worried about WMass.

I heard the Berkshires got around 2 feet of snow but I can't get any information on Western MA--places like Northampton, Amherst, Easthampton, Hadley and towns to the south.

I've been trying to get in touch with a friend in Easthampton but she hasn't answered her phone. Where I live now, in EMass by the coast, we got practically nothing and since I can't get information on WMass. I thought they probably were doing okay--until I tried to call my friend and can't get a hold of her.

If there is anyone from WMass on here who can tell me anything, I'd truly appreciate it. Thank you. (Maybe they have all lost power out there??)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM

436 posts, read 1,524,317 times
Try www.wggb.com or www.wwlp.com Those are two of the local news stations for the springfield area. My family is in the springfield area and I know a lot of them have no power.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamom1 View Post
Try www.wggb.com or www.wwlp.com Those are two of the local news stations for the springfield area. My family is in the springfield area and I know a lot of them have no power.
Thank you! OMG.

All or nearly all of Bernardston, Chester, Easthampton, Gill, Granville, Hatfield, Leverett, Longmeadow, Leyden, Ludlow, Montgomery, Pelham, Shutesbury, Southampton, Southwick, West Springfield, Springfield, Whately are without power. Most of Agawam, Amherst, Deerfield, Huntington, Montague, Northfield, and Russell are also without power. Edgar Alejandro from WMECo told 22News that it will not be completely restored until Thursday at best.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:17 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,103,272 times
The power is out all over,trees and limbs by the thousands down everywhere. It is just a mess here and hopefully we get power back really soon.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:01 PM

14,037 posts, read 15,061,559 times
Not west Mass, but Leomister, Chelmsford, Billirica, Tewksbury, Lowell, Dracut, and Andover are all atleast 75% out.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:48 PM

35 posts, read 138,971 times
It's a friggin' mess.
Trees and power lines down all over.
Most (but not all) parts of the 2 major cities (Springfield and Worcester) have power but many outlying towns don't.
Around Springfield where I am, pretty much everything south and east is powerless, with trees, limbs and lines down everywhere.
We've been told 4-5 days before we get our power back but there are so many lines down all over it's gonna take forever to get everything strung back up.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSoxFan? View Post
It's a friggin' mess.
Trees and power lines down all over.
Most (but not all) parts of the 2 major cities (Springfield and Worcester) have power but many outlying towns don't.
Around Springfield where I am, pretty much everything south and east is powerless, with trees, limbs and lines down everywhere.
We've been told 4-5 days before we get our power back but there are so many lines down all over it's gonna take forever to get everything strung back up.
Sheesh, it sounds like pure misery. I hope this is the end of it for a while--you had the tornadoes, then Irene, now this. I think they should just cancel winter this year, enough is enough!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
Northampton got power back around 8 am today (though the shopping center by Walmart was still out) ; Hadley around 11 pm yesterday

Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM

My friend from Easthampton just called. Still no power but she said there is some power in the town center at the grocery store. She says no one knows what's going on and they are cold. Trees all bent over in her yard and a foot of snow. Since Northampton has power now she is going there tonight rather than stay another night in the cold house. Greenfield has power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts