Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,405 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are currently living in NH with our 2 boys. Both boys are ASD. We are considering moving to MA to be closer to work (Framingham).

What towns are best known for supporting children with ASD? Does the New England Center for Autism work with all the surrounding towns (North, South, Westborough, Boylston, W. Boylston)?

Also, we noticed the home prices in Boylston seem lower than the surrounding areas. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,964 times
Boylston is an attractive, semi-rural community. Northborough & Westborough are more suburban & have public school systems that rank quite highly in Boston Magazine & other sources School Rankings

Also, the New England Center for Autism in Southboro is an excellent resource for the type of information you're seeking.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 AM

368 posts, read 1,388,687 times
NECC has partner classrooms in a handful of districts. When I checked, they wouldn't tell you which ones - you had to do some pretty intensive googling to ferret out the info. I know they had one in Westborough.

It's an EXCELLENT program. My son has been in a district with a NECC partner program for a few years now and the progress he has made is huge.

Braintree is supposed to have an excellent autism program, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,405 times
May I ask what district you are in?

We are also looking in Holliston, Southborough, and any other towns near Framingham.

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

368 posts, read 1,388,687 times
We're in Sharon.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 PM

5 posts, read 11,063 times
Default Relocating to N/Southborough-for Autism

Hi,
I am relocating from Fl to N/Southborough. We are very very interested in NECC program, however it seems that the process to get into this program is very hard. I would have to reside in one of those district in order to get into NECC. Can anyone give me some information on S/Northborough? What about May institute? Any idea on that school?

Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,211 times
Default evidence of great special ed. program?

Hi. I'm hoping someone out there can help me find the online evidence I need to prove to a judge that my son, who will be in 1st grade and has an Autism Spectrum Disorder, would be better off in either Shrewsbury, where he's flourishing, or in Northborough, where I live, as opposed to an average district, which is where he may be headed against my sound judgement...

Thanks for any help you can provide...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts