Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:11 PM

673 posts, read 1,186,272 times

Advertisements

i would try annapolis towne center. A new development with stunnig views of downtown annapolis, and has many shops and stores on the development. its condidered a mixed use neighborhood. Mariner bay is the name of the apartments there. its like its own city within a city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 1,669 times
Annapolis has some very rough ghettos . Just like Baltimore and dc does, they have lots of shootings and murders near newtowne dr and robinwood ( Tyler Ave ) and a lot of the other apartments and public housing has huge crime as well, heroin dealers and shootings and robbery’s . Be careful .

Old 11-16-2018, 02:43 PM

4,394 posts, read 4,281,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloiam123 View Post
Annapolis has some very rough ghettos . Just like Baltimore and dc does, they have lots of shootings and murders near newtowne dr and robinwood ( Tyler Ave ) and a lot of the other apartments and public housing has huge crime as well, heroin dealers and shootings and robbery’s . Be careful .
Really? I mean there's some not great areas in Annapolis, but nothing that compares to Baltimore or D.C.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,047 times
Have you thought of Cape St Claire? It's about 15 mins from Annapolis and has an Annapolis address. Its a water access community. Its all houses, no apts but they do have houses for rent there.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Really? I mean there's some not great areas in Annapolis, but nothing that compares to Baltimore or D.C.
I agree. Annapolis has its bad parts but nothing comparing Annapolis to Balto or DC. No comparison at all.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:51 AM

25 posts, read 89,874 times
Where are you guys commuting too? Anne Arundel county is absolutely huge. Like you could rent an apartment in the Bay Hills apartments, and be in Annapolis in 15 minutes. But coming back in the afternoon if there's an accident on 50 can turn that commute into an hour.

Same goes for the apartments off of Forest Drive. You can sit on there a long time. I'd suggest maybe looking closer to where you guys are working.

The only reason I mention this is my husband goes to DC every day, and we were looking in Crofton. When we couldn't find anything she suggested Arnold as it's only a few miles up the highway. Yet those few miles are through Annapolis and when traffic is at it's worst, it can be an additional hour.

Yes pay attention to crime. But traffic should be a consideration too.

Good luck!

Old 01-30-2019, 10:49 AM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjjkelly View Post
Where are you guys commuting too? Anne Arundel county is absolutely huge. Like you could rent an apartment in the Bay Hills apartments, and be in Annapolis in 15 minutes. But coming back in the afternoon if there's an accident on 50 can turn that commute into an hour.

Same goes for the apartments off of Forest Drive. You can sit on there a long time. I'd suggest maybe looking closer to where you guys are working.

The only reason I mention this is my husband goes to DC every day, and we were looking in Crofton. When we couldn't find anything she suggested Arnold as it's only a few miles up the highway. Yet those few miles are through Annapolis and when traffic is at it's worst, it can be an additional hour.

Yes pay attention to crime. But traffic should be a consideration too.

Good luck!
psss, just an FYI, this thread is 9 years old...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland