Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 AM

88 posts, read 367,476 times

Advertisements

My job is relocating me to the White Marsh / Nottingham area. Do these towns have Low crime, low traffic and good schools? Any suggestions for any other "good" towns in this area? ( i dont want to live inside the beltway / Baltimore city) I'd rather live close to i-95 for my trips to Jersey and florida. any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 03:18 PM

131 posts, read 693,340 times
Low traffic is pretty relative. Traffic anywhere in the Baltimore area isn't great, but compared to DC, it's wonderful.

Perry Hall/White Marsh is all pretty decent. I've not heard anything bad about Perry Hall schools, and I don't crime isn't bad at all. It's a great location with regard to proximity to I95 too.

The only other direction I'd go from there is north up I95 to Harford County. Stay west of I95 for better schools. Usually the back-ups on I95 south start right about the White Marsh exit where you'd be getting off. I made the commute from Harford Co. (Belcamp and then Bel Air) to White Marsh for 14 years and didn't find it bad at all.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
It depends on WHERE in White Marsh or Nottingham you are. If you could give specific places, I can give you an opinion--I live in the area and it can be night and day--

Schools are so-so for public--again relative to what you are used to.

Be glad to help

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
It depends on WHERE in White Marsh or Nottingham you are. If you could give specific places, I can give you an opinion--I live in the area and it can be night and day--

Schools are so-so for public--again relative to what you are used to.

Be glad to help

I'm 28 and my wife is 24.... We are young professionals. My job will be on Corporate Drive in Nottingham.. my salary is 64K... my wife is a teacher so her salary will be in the 45K - 50K.. so "good" for us is what ever is comfortable for a 100K -110K (combined) household. We both grew up in Jersey City and lived in Miami.. so we know how to handle "tough" neighborhoods... BUT with the arrival of our new son this july.. that changes the whole scene. i will need a decent neighborhood (crime wise)... decent school system... with nice apartments / towne homes to rent.. just by my search white marsh & Nottingham LOOKS to be very nice.. also we will need some diversity as i am black american and my wife is from dominican republic.

i am definitely looking to rent.. as i HOPE to return to Miami one day.. But then again.. maybe Maryland can impress us

Last edited by 7th generation; 04-24-2008 at 06:42 AM..

Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 AM

286 posts, read 688,821 times
Cambridge Court Apts. (1,2,3 bedroom) are nice - right off of Franklin Sq. Drive - near good restaurants, White Marsh Mall, Giant, Movie Theaters, The Avenue, I95, Library, etc.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeLocks View Post
Cambridge Court Apts. (1,2,3 bedroom) are nice - right off of Franklin Sq. Drive - near good restaurants, White Marsh Mall, Giant, Movie Theaters, The Avenue, I95, Library, etc.
i found these on rent.com this is exactly what im used to as all of south florida is new developments and the price is the same.. so this will corelate well in baltimore terms

Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 16,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
My job is relocating me to the White Marsh / Nottingham area. Do these towns have Low crime, low traffic and good schools? Any suggestions for any other "good" towns in this area? ( i dont want to live inside the beltway / Baltimore city) I'd rather live close to i-95 for my trips to Jersey and florida. any input is appreciated!
Good Morning! You are moving to a very nice area. Stay away from certain areas in Perry Hall. We live in the Cub Hill/Carney/Parkville area which is 2 exits East of I95 outside of the Beltway. Do not go inside the Beltway!! Cub Hill and Carney are very nice areas with fairly low crime rates and excellent schools. Stay away from Parkville High School, Perry Hall Middle and High School if you can. Welcome! Feel free to ask me other questions re: services, shopping, churches, etc.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace E. Honeywell View Post
Good Morning! You are moving to a very nice area. Stay away from certain areas in Perry Hall. We live in the Cub Hill/Carney/Parkville area which is 2 exits East of I95 outside of the Beltway. Do not go inside the Beltway!! Cub Hill and Carney are very nice areas with fairly low crime rates and excellent schools. Stay away from Parkville High School, Perry Hall Middle and High School if you can. Welcome! Feel free to ask me other questions re: services, shopping, churches, etc.
Thanks Grace! i definitely will do!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 PM

286 posts, read 688,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
i found these on rent.com this is exactly what im used to as all of south florida is new developments and the price is the same.. so this will corelate well in baltimore terms
Check them out - I live here ... very nice development - quiet and close to everything

Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeLocks View Post
Check them out - I live here ... very nice development - quiet and close to everything
BlonedeLocks..(and everyone else!) thanks! i actually went through the application proccess at cambridge court.. and I got approved.. 2Br / 2ba + Loft.. (phase II). I have the apartment on hold.. so i'll be visiting the area 5/30/08 to put down my deposit.... during this time i will survey the area for myself. hopefully i will like what i see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland