Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:38 AM

6 posts, read 20,258 times

Advertisements

The area between Belair Rd. and Harford Rd. is fine. Easy access to everything. Good choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM

286 posts, read 690,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
BlonedeLocks..(and everyone else!) thanks! i actually went through the application proccess at cambridge court.. and I got approved.. 2Br / 2ba + Loft.. (phase II). I have the apartment on hold.. so i'll be visiting the area 5/30/08 to put down my deposit.... during this time i will survey the area for myself. hopefully i will like what i see
Great, tell me what you think once you visit the area. I love it, close to everything. I'm also in Phase II.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 PM

88 posts, read 368,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeLocks View Post
Great, tell me what you think once you visit the area. I love it, close to everything. I'm also in Phase II.
i visited The area last weekend... EXCELLENT area!! (only 1 1st impression basis lol) i was VERY suprised (lets be real, anything associated to baltimore has a bad rep to outsiders lol) and i was very pleased about my "New" hometown... lol a little too quiet... but thats a good thing!.. I'm moving in next week. and i work on the other side of i-95 next to Comcast.. so gas wont be an issue for me

Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM

286 posts, read 690,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
i visited The area last weekend... EXCELLENT area!! (only 1 1st impression basis lol) i was VERY suprised (lets be real, anything associated to baltimore has a bad rep to outsiders lol) and i was very pleased about my "New" hometown... lol a little too quiet... but thats a good thing!.. I'm moving in next week. and i work on the other side of i-95 next to Comcast.. so gas wont be an issue for me
Great, well I'm glad you like it - I find the area very nice and pleasant and close to just about anything. Good luck with your move.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,247 times
Sorry i'm late... I basically live across the street from Cambridge Court Apts...

Crime - virtually none in White Marsh. The scariest thing you will see is some kids dressed like Marilyn Manson at the mall. Baltimore (city) is pretty bad though, but you'll be far enough away. There are also a few rough spots as you get closers towards the Golden Ring area.

Traffic - not sure where you are coming from but traffic in DC and Baltimore is much worse than most parts of the country. However, if you are living at Cambridge Court and working by Comcast you are probably not even driving a mile. That said, it will take you 5-7 minutes given the lights, etc. Also, its NUTS during November and December when Christmas time is near, as the mall is bombarded by everyone from Harford County and the east side of Baltimore. Seriously, its unreal. Often takes us 15 minutes to go 1 mile to get out to Rt. 43. But its only like 6 weeks during the year. You may also want to do some Google searches to check into what they are doing with 95 and 695 right here - there are a ton of overpasses going up. I believe its supposed to lighten the traffic load as 95 south normally gets real slow right at White Marsh, so hopefully this is a solution. Overall though in your situation its really not too bad at all.

Schools - couldn't tell you... I believe they are better than most suburbs of Baltimore and the influx of young professionals (tax money) and new families should help. Might be just under Towson and other high income areas? That's really just an uninformed guess though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland