Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,460,616 times

Advertisements

Maryland is Southern state?!! Why do you keep holding on to this wet dream?!!

We NEED more Northerners moving to Maryland.

quote=snj90;44553503]Maryland is a Southern state, but many Northerners and others have moved there, plus many Southerners have been culturally de-Southernized.[/quote]

Last edited by Infinite_heights77; 06-29-2016 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Overly credentialed and undereducated government job-seeking Yankees having re-located by the millions to the DC metro area and to our Lower Western Shore, Maryland has been subjected to cultural cleansing of the most virulent strain. These newcomers have been trying for years, for example, to change the words of our state song which was written after the Yankees invaded Baltimore in 1861 and which urges Marylanders to answer Virginia's call and to rise up and “[spurn] the Northern scum.”
*I say, CHANGE it!!!! Some of the Maryland NEEDS to be culturally and socially cleansed of its backwards ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
So... some Marylanders think like this:

About The Maryland League of The South

Last edited by Infinite_heights77; 06-29-2016 at 06:38 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 06:36 AM

This thread, that I created, goes to show you that the people of Maryland, still exhibit a slave and hillbilly consciousness. This consciousness has NOT changed in the last 100 years!!! Still slow, still provincial and still backwards. Many individuals are STILL fighting the Civil War in your heads and mad because of how The War Between The States ended. Marylanders want to, dangerously, hold onto their trite and corny cultural ways, that only Marylanders can comprehend. Smh!

So, you can see why your children want to LEAVE the state for greener, more productive and prosperous cities and ares.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I don't wish Maryland to be South but to deny that there is a lot of Southern culture in various areas is just denying the truth.
*I don't deny Maryland's southernisms, its the backwards mentality that is associated with Southern ways and thinking. True, but, you can say the same thing culturally about upstate NY, Western PA, and Southern New Jersey. Like I indicated before, I have no problem with southern culture if it's rooted in authenticity, reciprocity and respect. I used to live in the South, the deep South! The state of Maryland represents some form of hybrid confusion and a social experiment gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Maryland is a huge mismash of virtually all cultures. You can go from the suburbs of DC up to the burbs of Baltimore, and meet people with different habits and cultures. Go from Western Maryland to Carroll County and again see different linguistics and culture. The whole state is like this.

I don't wish Maryland to be South but to deny that there is a lot of Southern culture in various areas is just denying the truth.

My particular culture? I was raised on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. I was influenced by the working watermen that plied the waters.

What's a she biddy? Anyone that has ever run a trotline with bull lips will be able to tell you.

Last edited by Infinite_heights77; 06-29-2016 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 08:57 AM

263 posts, read 232,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
For now!

Until it becomes a part of the Northeast
It's an epidemic

Old 06-29-2016, 07:34 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,063,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_heights77 View Post
maryland is southern state?!! Why do you keep holding on to this wet dream?!!

We need more northerners moving to maryland.

Quote=snj90;44553503]maryland is a southern state, but many northerners and others have moved there, plus many southerners have been culturally de-southernized.
Are they better than southerners you? Do you get excited by the flow of black New Yorkers coming to Baltimore?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:55 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,129,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
So, you can see why your children want to LEAVE the state for greener, more productive and prosperous cities and ares.
There is getting to be a large contingent of Marylanders right here in Greenville, NC. My best friends here are all from MD. I've met them since moving here.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 PM

37,929 posts, read 42,209,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
This thread, that I created, goes to show you that the people of Maryland, still exhibit a slave and hillbilly consciousness. This consciousness has NOT changed in the last 100 years!!! Still slow, still provincial and still backwards. Many individuals are STILL fighting the Civil War in your heads and mad because of how The War Between The States ended. Marylanders want to, dangerously, hold onto their trite and corny cultural ways, that only Marylanders can comprehend. Smh!

You running out.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:45 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,063,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You running out.
"You must spread points around..."

Old 07-03-2016, 06:16 AM

Yes, I think they are better than southerners in my opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
Are they better than southerners you? Do you get excited by the flow of black New Yorkers coming to Baltimore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland